Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"El!" Addison gasped as she watched her friend's body crash to the floor. She rushed forward, kneeling beside the girl.

"El!" Mike quickly dropped beside the girl, "El, El!"

"What's wrong with her?" Erica asked, scrunching up her nose.

"What's wrong?" Mike ignored the young girl.

"My leg.. My leg!" Eleven groaned as she writhed on the floor in pain.

"Her leg, her leg.. Okay." Jonathan said slowly, unwrapping the gauze. "Okay, get that off."

"Oh, my- I'm gonna pass out!" Addison blinked rapidly, trying to burn the image of Eleven's leg from her brain.

"Don't pass out!" Max said quickly, raising her hand and forcing Addison to look at her. "Don't pass out!"

"El! El, El! El, are you okay?" Mike asked quickly as something began moving inside her leg. "El! El!"

She cut him off with a loud scream. Mike's eyes widened and his heart stopped momentarily as Jonathan stood up and darted towards the cafeteria. "Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side, on this side."

"You know, it's not actually that bad!" Robin said quickly, watching as the group adjusted El's position. "There was a-a goalie on my soccer team! Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the whole bone came out of her knee! Six inches or something, it was insane-"

"Robin." Steve cut her off, "You're not helping."

"Right. Sorry." She apologized as Jonathan reappeared with the knife in his hand.

"Okay.. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan said softly, slowly pressing the knife against her flesh. "Need you to stay real still."

"Okay.." Eleven sobbed.

"Here, you're gonna wanna bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan handed Mike the wooden spoon and he put it between her teeth.

"I can't breathe." Addison muttered, "I-"

"One, two, three." Max cut her off, "One, two, three."

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin cursed, watching as the creature slithered around under her skin.

"Do it!" Mike said, causing Jonathan to cut into her skin. Eleven screamed, her face turning red as she reached forward and gripped Addison's hand tightly.

"Oh, shit! I'm gonna-"

"Do not fucking pass out!"

"I'm gonna!" Addison countered, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Don't!" Dustin shook his head quickly, "Don't do that!"

"Shit!" Jonathan cursed, dropping the knife and slowly sticking his fingers into the wound, causing screams to rip from Eleven's throat and tears to pour down her face.

"Jonathan-" Nancy started before Jonathan cut her off.

"Stop talking!"