Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"That's El!" Addison pointed to her.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm Robin! I work with Steve." She answered.

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin answered.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians."

"Holy moley! Russians? Steve, you have so much to tell me! Robin, you're super pretty  by the way. Didn't mean to say that out loud, damnit."

"Thanks."

"Addie!" Max said, shaking her head. Addison shrugged, raising her hands in surrender.

"Russians? Wait, what Russians?" Jonathan uncrossed his arms

"I assume the dead guys." Addison pointed at the bodies littering the mall floor.

"The Russians!" Steve nodded.

"Those were Russians?" Max blinked slowly, shaking her head.

"Some of them." Erica shrugged.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asked, clasping his hands together.

"Didn't you hear our code red?"

"Yeah, and I couldn't understand half of what you were saying!" Mike answered, sass in his tone.

"Stupid low battery!" Dustin grumbled.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve clapped his hands together.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?" Dustin argued.

"Worked out? We almost died!"

"So did we!" Addison said, raising her hand for a highfive.

"This isn't a highfive moment, Addie!" Mike scoffed, pushing her hand down.

"And we didn't, did we?" Dustin rolled his eyes.

"It was pretty damn close!" Steve shook his head, none of the group notcing as Eleven slowly walked away.

"Okay, so Russians-"

"The dead guys." Addison cut him off.

"As in, they're working for the Russian government?"

"No, Lucas, they're working for the Japanese government. Yes, the Russian government!" Addison shook her head quickly.

"Yeah, what is it that you're not comprehending? Am I not speaking English? We have a full blown Red Dawn situation."

"Well, shit!" Addison grumbled, "I'm gonna die before I get married!"

"No, you won't." Max shook her head quickly, "So, wait, this has nothing to do with the gate?"

"It has everything to do with the gate!" Dustin countered.