Chapter 10: Ackerman

Start from the beginning

I sighed

S: I can't really tell you much-

A loud sight came from the crowd

S: If I actually followed rules- I smirked

Flashback

Sage POV

Levi was 6 years older than me. I was 4 when Kenny found me. I don't remember where or why he even took me in. It doesn't really matter. I wouldn't call it a healthy relationship, but it was a bit of an improvement form how he treated Levi. For one thing I was willing to calm him "Dad". But I wouldn't say beating kids until they bleed is the best way to parent. But from the time I was 4 he was teaching me how to fight. Starting with holding a knife, then a sword, next a gun, then duel wielding 3DMG blades. There was one rule, it more like code.

"It should take at most 10 seconds to kill a man."

I lived by that. I was pretty good at most things, but I excelled with knife and 3DMG blades. I'm naturally ambidextrous, so it wasn't hard to master. Form the time I was 4 until my 10th birthday it was constant training. On my 10th birthday Kenny have me a list

K: Kill all of these by tomorrow

It was a list of 20 people, mostly MPs and mercantilism, but also a scout. I would only find out later Kenny didn't intend on em finishing. I crossed all of them off the list. The scout was a scientist named Hanji Zoe. She was supposed to be in a lab working with some higher ups I spent all night getting to the camp. I quietly slipped through the door. I was so close. She had passed out on her desk. Just as I drew my knife someone talked me form behind.

I immediately kicked them off. I had a hood and mask on to obscure my face, but without a doubt the person who had tackled me was Levi. I was so surprised I let him get in a hit before dodging.

L: who the hell is dumb enough to try to break into here? I'm surprised you go this far. You have to have some hell of a drive to be this stupid

I measured up the situation. The Hanji women had gotten up and both seemed to have good technique.
I had to do something. With one hand I drew my knives and with the other I removed the mask.

S: actually, Levi, this one isn't personal.

I took his moment of surprise to slash his shoulder and rush past. I quickly had a knife it Hanji's throat. Then the Commander showed up after hearing the ruckus.

S: looks like the whole gang is back together.

E: how the hell-

L: I have absolutely no idea

S: I've already killed 19 people tonight. This will jay be the icing on the cake.

However in my haste I hadn't realized there was a quill on the desk in form of Hanji.

She grabbed it and stabbed at my eye. I closed it just in time, but my grip had losses s and she got out.

E: come quietly Sage. We might be able to do something for you.

S: oh hell no! I'm not another Levi charity case!

I threw a knife knocking over a lamp. For began to spread around me. I unfolded my wings and printed straight through the flames and out the window.

(Time skip to the next morning)

S: I'm sorry I didn't get everyone. I was so close and the he showed up out of nowhere

Kenny just stared at the list astounded.

K: I didn't expect you to get half of these!

S: what!?

He put his hand in his shoulder.

K: I honestly just wanted to see how many you could get.

S: so you are telling me I traveled at least 50 miles there and back for some sort of experiment!?!

I shouted angrily. Kenny put his hand on my shoulder

K: look I know it doesn't always seem I'm looking out for you. But I really do care about you kid.
And I want to know that you are tough enough to to make it out there when I'm not standing next to you.
I don't know what I would do if someone hurt you.

I looked into his eyes. He was telling the truth.

S: yeah you know

K: heh. Yeah I'd probably go on a killing spree or somethin'

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. And hugged back.

Well dang that was long!! Thanks for reading ❤️