Jealousy

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Stephanie Meyers.

AN: This story was inspired by Midnight Sun. Edward watched Bella from a distance, when Mike Newton asked her out. Edward thought "I wanted to pick her up and run away with her."

One Shot... Not likely to happen in the twilight world.

He swallowed hard. "Well, we could go to dinner or something....and I could work on it later.''

Stupid- that wasn't a question either.

"Mike"

The agony and fury of my jealousy was every bit as powerful as it had been last week. I grabbed on to another tree trying to hold myself here. I was overwhelmed by my feeling of loathing. It was becoming immensely difficult to control myself. Suddenly Mike Newton's thoughts went flashing through my mind. Vivid thoughts- Crack- the tree gave way.

It happened so fast.

The parking lot was crossed in a microsecond. I barely took note of the expression of horror on the Newton child's face. In the midst of my jealous haze I noticed Bella's eyes focus and widen. Before I allowed either human to process what was right in front of them, I picked Bella up and fled into the woods. I ran as if I could fly, my legs moved at my natural speed. I carried her and the trees flew by me until I could only hear silence. Mike newton's thoughts were banished from my mind. The wall of trees created darkness in the forest, no sunlight could reach. I came to a place I believed to be the heart of the forest. Everything was quiet except for the girl's heartbeat in my arms.

The girl was in my arms! I was holding her warm delicate body in my arms. I gently set her down. I looked at her doe eyes. She looked perplexed; her face was pale white. I was frozen. What had I done? I brought Bella here into the woods all alone. The monster within me could be resurrected. I instantly held my breath.

She looked around, "What?" "Where...?" "How?" She looked right into my eyes. My jaw tightened. Her shoulders stiffened. "Where are we?''

"In the Forest." I replied calmly.

"Why did you bring me here Edward?"

I suddenly felt embarrassed; I had behaved like a jealous struck fool. My mind had become intoxicated with jealous hate. Now I was sober. This must appear utterly bizarre to her.

She looked at me questioningly. "Everything was so bright."

I had been in front of two humans, in front of Bella, on a bright sunny day. What had I been thinking?

"How did you bring me here and why?" She said slowly.

I said nothing, and stayed very still.

"What is happening?" "Why?" "How can you do all these things....?" The words came spilling from her mouth. "I was with Mike!"

"I did not like what he was thinking."

"What do you mean? Mike?"

"His fantasies were ...crude....rude.'' I kept that thought to myself.

Bella blinked. "Was something going to happen?''

My reasons had not been so noble. "I just did not.... Appreciate his thoughts."

"What he was thinking?" She asked with clear question in her voice.

Everything was very quiet. I could hear a bird in the distance squeezing a tree branch, preparing to take flight.