C2: Her at Present

"Are you insane?!" Her brother shouted from the other line. That was the reaction she had been waiting for the rest of the day since she arrived back in South Korea.

"Yes, I have really gone insane and that's because I want to know the missing pieces of me. You never really tried to help me regain my memories." She was tired of lying about being okay about it, about not knowing why she lost her memories in the first place.

She had always wondered what really happened in the past after she woke up in an American hospital six years ago. She had been in coma for four years before that.

Her parents never talked about it saying it was for her own good. When she had a nightmare, her brother would always give an interpretation that would comfort her.

She lived with that kind of situation for years. Every time it rains, she gets an unexplainable feeling. At first, she could still bear it, however, as days go by, she could find herself panicking. It became worse that her parents had to hire a psychologist to help her deal with the panic attacks.

But even with the presence of a psychologist, she wasn't able to really overcome it since her memories are lacking. Frustration covered her but seeing how her parents are trying their best to live a different life while her brother told her about all the sacrifices they've been through while she was in coma, she didn't have the heart to ask them to help her regain her memories.

Just two years ago after she finished her bachelor's degree in film, her parents died from a plane crash. It devastated her and her brother.

"Because that is for your own good. But I can't stop you now. Just please be careful there, once I'm done here, I'll follow you." Her brother sighed heavily.

"You don't have to."

"I have to because you deserve to know the truth. Just please don't strain yourself from remembering anything from the past." She could imagine her brother's resigned look.

"Thank you, Asher."

"Don't thank me just yet. I have also been a contributory burden to your frustrations because of your lost memory." He sniffed and she felt her tears well up.

"Whatever it is, I understand you, just like Mom and Dad. I just want to make myself complete again. Don't worry about me. I can manage." She assured.

"I'll see you soon, then." He said and hang up.

Just after she wiped her tears, someone knocked on the door.

She decided to live in an apartment near the place where she spent her childhood. She planned to stay in their old house but she learned that it was already sold and became a business infastructure so she had no choice but find a place nearby.

Since it was an apartment for two, she had to ask someone who wants to share the space.

"Whoah! Hi! I guess you are Snow Kim," a smiling lady, probably in her early-30s, greeted her as she opened the door. Her roommate and a total stranger.

~~~Happy birthday, Jackson Wang
❣️🎉🎂~~~