'I'll lead the way. We're currently on the west side of the building.' The silver eyed girl offered, taking the lead while the boy treaded after her.

'This way!' She whispered, waving at the heterochromatic teen. 

'This quirk is insane!' Y/N heard someone mutter incredulously to himself. 'Well, Peppermint, it looks like we're here.' She strode through the door frame, her sleeves floating behind her gently. She spared Ojiro a bored look as he got into a defensive stance. 'You can try.' She smiled, turning to wait for Shoto. 'Prep yourself all you want. But it might be a bit... difficult fighting both of us with no skin on the bottom of your feet, especially when Y/N's quirk also stems from water.' The said boy stalked past Ojiro, arm stretched out confidently. A defeated sigh escaped from his enemy's lips as he drew closer and closer.

When his left hand made contact with the dummy weapon, a gust of hot wind began blowing and the building immediately defrosted itself. 'Heat too?' Ojiro asked, face full of shock. 'It's not your fault. We're just playing on different levels. Let's go, Y/N.' Shoto stated, already beginning to stride out of the building.

The class watched in awe as Y/N and Shoto walked out of the building, side by side.

'He got in on a recommendation, so he must be good. I heard that Y/N also received the recommendation letter, but decided to take the entrance exam like us.' Tsuyu spoke to no one in particular. 

'Moving on! Time to gather a review of the second match. After that, we'll carry on to the next battle.' 

'Y/N! You did great out there!' As soon as Y/N opened the door, Ochaco jumped on her. 'I didn't do anything,' The girl laughed, hugging her friend. 'Shoto did most of the work.' 'We were freezing! Weren't you? Ribbit.' Tsuyu butted in. 'Uh... no.' She grinned. 'Y/N, I heard that you received a recommendation letter.' Ochaco asked, her face serious. 'As a matter of fact, I did. But I didn't want to give myself the chance to think that I was better than others, so the school permitted me to take the entrance exam. Though it was a bit too easy...' Y/N scratched at the back of her head sheepishly.

'Let's go in. It's Team J and Team H's turn.' Pleased with Y/N's answer, Ochaco grabbed her by the waist and dragged her off. Y/N turned around, giving Shoto a small smile before disappearing into the crowd of students.

...

'That's a wrap! Super work, you really stepped up to the plate. And we didn't have any major injuries, except for Midoriya. You should be proud! Excellent first day of training all around!' All Might grinned encouragingly, spreading his arms.

Tsuyu raised her hand. 'It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class... Mr Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill...' Most of the class nodded along, except for Y/N and Shoto, who remained expressionless. 'Hey, Y/N! Do you want to come and visit Deku with me?' Ochaco bounced up to where the pair were standing. 'I... uh... don't we have classes? Sorry, Ochaco. I know you're worried about Izuku but we have classes to go to. I'll stay back with you later to wait for him though, if you want.' Y/N looked apologetically at Ochaco. 'You're right...' Ochaco sighed. 'Anyway, can I walk with you guys to class?'

'Mhmm, sure!' She noticed Shoto staring into space and elbowed him. 'Okay.'

'Ochaco... you seem extremely attached to Izuku. Tell me, do you like him?' Y/N smirked, making Ochaco flush scarlet. 'Maybe...'

The taller girl squealed happily. 'I knew it! You two would be so cute! Right, Peppermint?' Shoto sighed. 'Isn't it a little too early for you to be catching feelings?' 'Play nice, Peppermint. Besides, she would look cute with Izuku, would she not?' 'Uh... I guess so...' 'Anyway, Y/N! Do you like anyone?' Ochaco questioned, trying to save herself from her embarrassment. 

'No. Not yet, at least. I mean, we've known each other for only a while. Besides, I'm not the kind to catch feelings very easily.' 'Aww...' Ochaco pouted. 'You would look cute with Todoroki though.' She whispered, causing a fiery red blush to immediately erupt on Y/N's normally pale cheeks. 'Stop it!'

...

'Hey, it's Midoriya!' Most of the remaining students crowded around Izuku. 'So noisy...' Y/N muttered. 'Why isn't Ochaco back yet?' 'I still don't get why you made me stay back.' Shoto groaned next to the brunette. 'L/N! Tokoyami! Stop using those desks as chairs! Get off this instant!' Iida charged towards them. 'Geez, Iida. You need to chill.' The brunette slid off the table with a casual jump. 'By the way Midoriya, you did great during that match, despite you obviously not thinking that through. I'll be leaving now, good night.' Grabbing her bag, she shoved past the crowd and began her walk down the hallway.

'I'll join you.' A deep voice spoke beside her. 'Hi, Peppermint.' The girl smiled. 'You know, I've been meaning to ask you this question, but I didn't want to seem rude.' She started, furrowing her eyebrows as she made eye contact with the boy. 'What is it?' Shoto asked in a somewhat gentle tone. 'I know it's a personal question and you probably don't trust me enough to tell me, but how did you get that scar over your left eye?'

Shoto stopped dead in his tracks. 'I haven't told anyone about this... I'm not sure I want to tell you.' Y/N shrugged. 'Fair enough. It's fine, let's go.' 

'Maybe I should tell her?' A voice in Shoto's head echoed softly. 'She did reveal her deepest secret to me anyway.' They walked a few more minutes in silence before the boy decided to speak. 'It was my mother. She poured boiling water on my face.' 'Does it still hurt?' Y/N questioned, concern overbearing her senses.

'Not anymore.' 

The girl faced him, touching the scar gently. Shoto tensed up, not used to the physical contact. 'It does make you more attractive.' She whispered, brushing a thumb under his left eye gently, tenderly. 'I like it. It's what makes you, you.'