"Hello, P'Fluke! Is there anything I can help you with?" 

Fluke jumps slightly hearing a cheery voice greeting him by his side. He is too focused on the task in hand that he doesn't even here when one of his co-workers comes in.

Mix, the youngest co-worker, is smiling triumphally since it is indeed his intention to surprise Fluke as the older looks so serious kneading a huge dough that can be as big as himself.

"Hello to you too Mix." 

Fluke once again peeks at the clock and blinks when he sees that it's a little over 5 a.m. He raises an eyebrow in amusement not expecting the male to be an hour early.

"You came early today? I thought you and Pineare will arrive by 6?"

Mix shrugs his shoulder before answering with a light tone.

"I feel bad you have to work by yourself for a while Phi. There's a lot to do before we open around 7. So, anything I can help? I see you have start pre-heating."

Fluke nods his head and puts on a bright smile. He is more than grateful for the extra help. He then asks Mix to check if the pastries are well chill and the oven is ready, he will be grateful if they start to bake already.

The two then work in silence with Fluke's playlist still playing in the background. Once the bread dough mostly set to chill as well, Fluke starts on helping Mix preparing the ingredients to garnish on top of the baking pastries.

Pineare then walks in while the two preparing the bread to go onto the oven with happy grin wanting to surprise Fluke. She, however, pouts when she sees Mix already beat her with the same idea.

"Hello everyone! Oh? How come you have the same idea as me to come early." 

She complains as she walks in while tying her hair to a neat bun. She has her eyes throwing glares at Mix who pull out his tongue as an answer to the question.

"P'Fluke look at him!" 

Fluke laughs when he hears her whining. He really likes working with them. It feels livelier and less tiring as he can just enjoy watching their antics or sometimes joining in. The two is really his happy pill in the kitchen.

"I already look at him long enough when you are not here Pineare, it's tiring." 

The oldest play along with the girl as payback for Mix when the young man spooked him earlier. Pineare then offers her elbow to bump with Fluke as a substitute for a high five.

The three works loudly as they laugh and joke around while still running their hands to perfect the goods that are freshly baked and ready to be displayed. When the clock turns over 6.30 a.m., they set everything in place with a quick pace as it is always their routine displaying it a bit late to make sure everything as fresh as possible before customers walk in.

Just as the clock nearly struck 7 a.m., they open a small window decorated at the front of the shop to attract people with a good aroma. It's a good strategy especially for those who walk their way to work or schools nearby. Almost most of them will walk in for a grab of warm breakfast on the go with a cup of as equally warm beverage.

--

Rush hour for the bakery comes to a halt when most of the customers are either already in their office or at school. Fluke stretches slightly from behind the counter with his back near the coffee machine. Pineare takes a break as well by looking at her phone to browse for updates regarding her classes and social medias.

Lead Me to Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें