12

We pull away from each other.

"What was that for?" I ask him.

"Skye, I really like you," Mattia sees my expression, "No, I'm serious. I really do."

"Rink is now closed. Please exit the rink." The intercom announces.

We all skate out of the rink. I return my skates and start to head to the door when I feel a hand around my wrist. I stop and turn around.

"Skye, I'm serious. I like you." Mattia says.

I lean in close and whisper in his ear, "Then what are you going to do about it?"

I lean back and start to walk into the parking lot when I'm spun around again and kissed.

"That...that is what I'm going to do."

I smile at him and grab his hand, "Good decision."

He smiles at me and we start to walk to his car.

Mattia ends up driving us back to his house where, luckily, his parents aren't there.

After our session of *reading the Bible* like we always do, we turn on his TV and watch it.

About an hour into the show Mattia pauses it and looks at me, "Be my girlfriend?"

"No." I flat out say.

I watch his face fall, "I'm kidding. Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

His face immediately lifts and he kisses me.

I laugh, "Ok stop stop." I manage to say through my giggling.

"I want to go to a party." I tell him.

"You're serious. A party?"

I nod.

"Fine. I know someone who's having one tonight. We can go there."

"I need clothes. We can go to my house really fast."

———————————
At the party

Mattia and I are dancing with all of our friends and having a blast when I feel someone pull on me.

I turn around and see Caleb, drunk off his ass.

"Dance with me!" He yells at me.

"Fuck off. I'm not your girlfriend anymore!" I yell back.

He grabs on to me harder, "Ow! Caleb let go!"

Caleb doesn't until Mattia pushes him, "Hey, backoff she said she didn't want to dance!"

"Who are you to tell me?!" Caleb yells in his drunken self.

"Her boyfriend. So piss off."

"Oh her boy toy? She got one as soon as she got rid of me, eh? Is it because she's a slut? Yeah. I think it is!" Caleb turns towards me, "You're just a little slut aren't you?" He asks me.

I punch him.

I immediately shake my hand in pain afterwards.

Murmurs go out through the crowd and then Caleb looks at me again.

"You mother fucking bitch!" And then he launches himself at me.

Before he hits me Mattia tackles him to the ground.

Mattia climbs on top off him and swings, hard.

"When she says fuck off. That means fuck off!" He throughs more punches.

"Mattia stop!" I scream at him.

Mattia ignores me and keeps punching him until Caleb gets the upper hand and switches the positions.

"CALEB STOP! GET OFF OF HIM!" I hear someone scream.

Wait. That's me screaming.

I lunge at the two boys and try to shove Caleb off of Mattia but Caleb turns around and punches me instead.

I fall back into the people behind me and they grab onto me.

Soon people are pulling Mattia and Caleb apart.

Mattia looks at me and then at Caleb, "See. When things with you happen. Skye gets hurt."

Caleb looks at me, "Oh. Fuck. No. I'm so sorry Skye. I'm so so sorry."

I flip him off, "Fuck off Caleb." I grab my cheek and walk towards where I assume a bathroom would be.

I eventually find one and sit down in it.

I look in the mirror and see a cut on my cheek, the area around it already bruising. I touch it and wince.

"Let me help you."

I look up and Mattia is at the door.

"Here." He grabs a washcloth and soaks it in warm water and then presses it to my face gently. I wince anyways. "Sorry."

"It's alright."

"I'm sorry." He says again.

"You apologize already you don't-"

"I meant about fighting him. Sorry for fighting Caleb." Mattia looks in the cabinet to see if he can find any Neosporin or something.

"He's a dick. He deserved it." I laugh.

Mattia sits down next to me and examines my face. "That's gonna leave a scar, I think."

"It's alright. It's not like it's the first scar I've gotten from someone." I whisper.

"What do you mean? Did that son of a bitch hit you? I'll go fight him again!" Mattia stand up and I grab his arm.

"No. Caleb never hit me. But my parents did."

A/n
I'm sorry for taking so long. I had writers block so I couldn't think of anything to write.

Also sorry for writing such a shitty chapter.

Comment
Vote
Follow

-Eve