𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟐

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah uh, you know how he wanted to get those skateboarding lessons? The guy next door is now doing them for free" I answered and he grinned.

"Hey that's great! Wh-why isn't that great?" he questioned as he registered my expression.

"Okay I'm just gonna rush through this one," I began. Josh turned his body so he was facing me; he was listening intently - as always.

"The guy is - Jordan. He's always been Blaire's neighbor and basically he kinda totally uh, broke my heart...he only showed interest in me on a dare that his friends set for him to get me to sleep with him, as they all noticed me as the girl who went over to Blaire's house and gushed over him all the time so he agreed to it 'cause it was easy - very fucking fanfiction of him. I thought he like, loved me or...something until I saw him trying to make a move on Blaire as he had done his dare and I've never really been the same since. And in conclusion that's why I resonated with Common Sense so
much - I still loved him but he fucking...y'know did that..."

Josh had no words; his eyes were just filled with sorrow. That this actually happened to someone, it was why I had trust issues with any guy since - and even myself. What if what I thought was real was just all in my head? I've fallen for that once, and that was enough.

"Adeline I'm so - he's such a dick...wow I'm sorry I had no idea," was all he was able to ramble and I smiled weakly.

"Of course you had no idea silly," I replied and he let out his own feeble smile, "it's just the worst that he's still around but I trust you with knowing that - 'cause - I don't know. Just do" I continued. My words then made him smile with gratitude.

"Well I'm glad you trust me with that, it's just so awful that you had to go through that, he'll be sorry one day trust me." he assured and it was my turn to laugh weakly. I doubted it but I appreciated his words.

"That's the thing though, he's for some reason back in my life - trying to give Geli lessons who has no idea about any of this. So he always comes over to pick him up and shit. He's preying on me 'cause he knows I'm still alone and...vulnerable maybe. And Mom doesn't know about it either 'cause it's just too embarrassing so I talk to him when she's there like it's normal. It's...it's torture" I confessed and I had almost forgotten at this point we had to get my brother from there. Blaire was still running late to come out anyway.

"Do you still...feel something for him m-maybe?" Josh then asked nervously and we maintained in-depth eye contact for what seemed like forever.

Did I? Or was it just the idea of him? Having someone actually reciprocate my feelings for once? I looked back to Josh and his large eyes made me nervous again.

"I don't think so, just hurts y'know. It's all just an ego boost for him" I replied weakly and he nodded with understanding, the look of relief following his words. I guess he was glad that I wasn't truly stuck in something bad for my mental health.

"By the way, he also knows about you, but thinks it's real - I mean he didn't believe it for obvious reasons - "

"Obvious?" he interrupted and I shrugged as if it was - well - obvious.

"I mean yeah - you're...you, and I'm me...like he was unsurprisingly surprised that someone famous could be into me." I clarified, Josh showed no emotion but I just continued, "but he saw the pictures of us at the grocery store and he's backed off a bit since then, since he thinks I'm not alone - just annoying that I have to voluntarily say hi right now."

He then looked outside and turned back to me with raised brows, "Well there's a way we can make it better, did you wanna make him feel shitty for two minutes, maybe?" he asked and I giggled wearily.