𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

He chuckled to me as he leaned over, "See no I think even more people should see this - "

"You do know that I'm exposing you in this tweet are you sure about that?" I teased back and he pouted. But he deadass pressed the button, and my phone immediately lit up.

@joshuatbassett retweeted your tweet

"I'm not kidding I will block you sir" I threatened and he tsked but smirked over to me. I was messing around just as much, but he smirked at my very obvious blush - of course I was blushing he was reading my fangirling!

"You're the one bullying me - "

"Hello I am also praising...15 year old you?" I asked with a scrunched up face. He nodded condescendingly, making me groan and shove my face into my sweater. Okay so I put up a pic of my crush when he was 15 and low key roasted and thirsted for him at the same time...and he's reacting to it. Jesus help me.

At the same time, I wondered if anyone would find it suspicious that he was tweeting a post from so long ago, there was a part of me that knew it would bring up questions in the fandom. But hey I asked him not to do it, yet he seemed very keen.

"Blaire was the one who showed me that pic, she just never expected me to expose her like that either" I continued and Josh giggled. It was great to know how he didn't take himself seriously and in general, he wasn't uncomfortable with how I used to tweet about him.

"And she's seriously watched me since Stuck In the Middle days? I can't wait to meet her" he responded and I beamed. Blaire was desperate to meet him but for the last few days she was really needing to catch up with college.

"Yeah I mean we're gonna see her after this for - family dinner" I said hesitantly and Josh chuckled at my tone. I was ready to prep him for this stupid dinner after a while but right now, I wanted to distract myself from it.

"She actually did that thing you did on TikTok, you know where you played Common Sense on the guitar and asked people to duet with you, like she loves you that much" I continued and Josh gasped with content. There was a part of me that thought I was throwing her under the bus but like - she was unapologetically a fan of him so it was fine.

"Really that's so cool! Did you do one?" he asked with even more intrigue and I immediately scoffed.

"Dude a big difference between us is that she can sing like an angel and I'm pretty sure I'm a tone-deaf toad so we can never duet, but either way I don't TikTok at all"I exaggerated and he nodded.

"But I listened to that song on repeat, I related so hard" I added and Josh then looked at me with raised brows. I then felt myself tense up as the memories started coming back. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't want to get into it.

I laughed awkwardly and took another sip of soda. Even recently I still found myself relating to it - knowing you need to let go of someone but emotions were getting in the way. Jordan.

But Josh seemed to read my mind as he changed the subject immediately. I mentioned Jordan once before, but he knew I didn't want to talk about it more. I knew I could rely on him with that part of my life, to understand it, but it was just shitty and I didn't want to bring down the mood.

"If I knew how to teach you singing I would, but okay for now let's do your thing" he said and I clapped my hands together with excitement. I pulled the bag towards me and popped out the wooden canvases.

"You and I sir are going to become the greatest artists right here right now" I announced proudly and I saw Josh smush his face by his hand. That expression alone made me smile wider.