Chapter One: "Dog Moms."

Warning ⚠️: Riverdale season 3 spoilers!!!

Madelaine's pov

"Can you believe the script they gave us for season 3 girls? Im actually really excited for it!"

Whenever me and the girls get a new script for a new season we made it a ritual to talk through it together before we go to the reading for the whole cast. I always walk around the house on speaker because my anxiety cannot be contained and I end up needing to put my energy to use.

"It sounds pretty horrifying actually. I mean what the fuck is a gargoyle king and why does it want to kill everyone?" Camila says through the phone, her confusion very clear.

"Apparently the gargoyle king is multiple people it looks like, and the game surrounding it is called Gryphons and Gargoyles." Vanessa says through the speaker.

"Kinda reminds me of Stranger Things with the whole Dungeons and Dragons twist.. the only difference is this seems more scary than Stranger Things." Lili says as a small bark is being heard through her speaker.

"How's Milo?"

"He's great, being a little shit but he's great." Lili says with a snort following shortly after. "How's the little nightmare?"

"Olive only wants to play with one toy out of the 20 I bought her but it's okay. Just $30 down the drain yknow?"

"Sounds like her." Camila says "Truffle has been sleeping, she's so quiet and to herself but she loves cuddles."

"Glad you're enjoying being a new dog mom."

"It's the best." Camila says with a wholehearted small laugh.

"How's my nephew Yoshi doing Ness?"

"He's good, I think he misses you. Come here, Yoshi." Ness says. I walk over to my phone that has group FaceTime and look at the screen.

"Say hi to Auntie." Vanessa says as she places Yoshi infront of the camera.

I began to giggle as Yoshi starts scratching at the phone screen until Vanessa sets him back on the floor so he can stop damaging her phone.

"The screen good?" Lili laughs

"Thankfully, really gotta get his nails clipped." Vanessa says

"Now that we are done talking about dogs, can we talk about how we're gonna do another musical this season?" Lili says

"What do you prefer? Grease? Hairspray? Maybe Heathers?" Camila asked

"Heathers most likely, it's twisted and very sad and depressing. Definitely more Riverdale style." Lili says

"You're right, and I know for sure that Cheryl would be Heather." Camila says

"Everyone knows Cheryl Blossom is gonna be Heather." Lili says

"No one could play a better Heather th-" Vanessa said before her voice completely got drowned out.

I was looking at the screen in annoyance because I could tell that Vanessa was still talking but I couldn't hear her over my loud ass next door neighbor.

"Sorry Ness, I didn't hear any of that."

"It wasn't important, but this is. Are they gonna do anything about your very thin walls?" She asked

"Not unfortunately, they said they cant just break down a wall when my neighbor would probably not agree to not having anywhere to go for a few weeks."

"I mean it makes sense but, they're so loud." Lili says

"Yeah I know, I can literally hear their every move, I can practically hear them fucking pee!"

"Have you ever told them to knock it the fuck off?" Cami asked

"No, should I? I don't think they would listen."

"Well you gotta try, this has been going on for weeks babe." Nessa replies.

"You're right, hold on."

I let out a deep breath before walking over to the wall and standing next to it, for some reason my palms got sweaty and my hands began to shake. But I shook my head and pushed my thoughts back as I curled my fist and hit it against the wall.

"Hey! You're being kinda loud and I'm trying to talk to my friends. Can you knock it off? Please?"

After a few seconds of standing there nervously the noises coming from the other side of the wall slowly ceased and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I then walked over to the phone and dropped myself back onto the couch.

"I actually think... that may have worked."

"I dont hear anything." Vanessa said happily.

"Just tell them to be quiet more often." Lili says

"And who knows? They might talk back and you could make a friend." Camila said.

"Yeah, I doubt it."

If only I knew just how wrong I was in that moment.

Okay so for this book the chapters really are not gonna be that long, this isn't gonna be a book that has more than 2,000 words like most of my other books. This is gonna have like 300 to 500 words atleast.

Sometimes more but I really don't know.

It's just a cute little idea I had because you know Awsten has an obsession with certain celebrities *cough cough* Victoria Justice and Zendaya *cough cough* so why not write a fic where Awsten has an obsession with Riverdale AND Madelaine Petsch.

Also i wanted to add a little bit of talking to a literal stranger idea to it but only except not texting and instead just through a very thin wall.

Sounded like a good idea to me and for a second I lost all my inspiration and almost decided to delete this book but then I told my friend about it and my ideas today and my inspiration came back almost immediately. So yeah... the inspiration is back and im gonna continue writing this!!!

I hope you guys like it..

Until next time 🤍