"Well done Sergeant but you were told to just execute him." A man called out as they climbed down from the cockpit. He was wearing a full command power suit in comparison to the rest of the M.I. troopers who were wearing the light 'Stryker' armour, but not only was their suits a different pattern but also different colour, the new comers was all matte black whereas theirs was the standard issue green.

"Sir" Oakham replied, standing to attention, he'd seen the three triangle pips on the uniform.

"At ease sergeant, I came to make sure the orders were carried out without issue and you performed admirably. Are you ready to move out?" Major Thorne said

"Yes sir" Oakham replied; he did not like the fact that they were now being commanded into hostile territory by Military Intelligence, a contradiction in terms according to Oakham. "Distance and are we on the bounce Sir?" He asked

"Five kilometres south-east, there's a compound but we need to keep a low profile in this area, there have been reports of Hoppers and Ripplers in the area, I'll use the comm.'s to give details on route. Sergeant do what you need to" Thorne said calmly

"Yes Sir" Oakham turned and addressed the troopers "You heard the Major, on your feet, get those boots moving, watch the skies as well, Aasith you're on point, spot it, target it and comm. if you can." Oakham said quickly. The troopers stood, a female trooper with a Morita TW-202-L, the sniper moved off before the rest at a light run, she preferred to work alone and ahead of the main unit and Oakham knew it, he knew the units ways and preferences, Aasith was nearly always on point unless she was staying behind for covering fire. He waited for a few moments. "Alright, stop the mothers meeting and move out!" The remaining seven troopers, the sergeant and Major fell into line and proceeded on a course south-east heading down into dry dusty plains and canyons.

*

After the first kilometre was covered and they'd seen the dropship blast away the Major began to speak once they reached the second kilometre.

"We're heading to a research outpost to complete the secondary mission. They were tasked to locate a nearby brood of plasma bugs, and then tag them if able. They located them but were unable to tag them with the transponders. Our job is to locate the plasma bugs and tag them and then get out before we're noticed." The Major instructed them "Any questions?"

"What caused the research team to fail?" A gruff voice came over the comm.

"The same thing that makes all researchers fail, Luk" A younger male voice replied

"Bugs!" The troopers all said in unsion

"Correct." The major said, he flicked the comm. channel on his command suit to a private line to Sergeant Oakham "Are they always insubordinate?"

"That wasn't being insubordinate sir; that is M.I. Trooper repartee, you'll get used to it quickly and when a trooper is insubordinate it usually begins and ends with violence...sir." Oakham replied

"Banter, I have to regulate banter?" Thorne said out loud thinking he was speaking to himself.

"Yes sir, basically stop it when it gets rowdy." Oakham replied

"Thank you Sergeant" Thorne said

"You're welcome sir." Oakham replied as Thorne switched t to wide band, the troopers were still in discussion over researchers hunting bugs.

"Maybe M.I. should undertake the research" The gruff voice Thorne identified as Luk said

"Can you really see Aasith doing research, she'd watch the bug from a kilometre away get bored once she'd recognised a brief movement pattern and shoot it, generally through the eye" another woman said.