Part 1

It will be a 2 or 3 shot story. Enjoy and support me.

'Oh God! What was I even thinking. I should've checked the time, not lost track doing works. Mom is gonna kick my ass. Yesterday it was her best friends son and daughter-in-law's case that's why she forgive me being late to reach home. But today it's already half past nine and I'm not going to reach home on time. You're so dead....'
I was blabbering to myself when I heard a knock on my door and the door creaked open.

I didn't bother to look up from the work in my hand, that is arranging my table before I leave for the day, knowing very well that it's my assistant Ria. "What is it Ria? ". And I looked up coz of the lack of response and began to vigorously shake my head seeing the sheepish smile on her face. "No, no, no, don't, don't tell me that you took another appointment. That's not gonna happen. " And I immediately know I'm in trouble by the widening of her smile. I sighed loudly giving her a clear picture of my displeasure "You know my mother Ria. She's gonna kill me if I became late any more minutes. Phir bhi!".

To my utter dismay she started laughing "Nobody is gonna believe that the famous lawyer of the city, who is an expert in mind gaming, who can change the decisions of her clients in a snap of her fingers, is afraid of her mother."

"I am not afraid of my mother Ria." Her laughter died seeing the seriousness of face and I continued "She don't have anyone other than me and I don't have anyone other than her. It's just two of us. So she is always worried about my wellbeing and I'm worried about her happiness. That's why I don't like it when she stay up late the night to see me safe and sound. "

"I'm sorry, I didn't say that to make you sad".

"It's okay Ria. Now tell me why did you took this appointment, that too this late. " I asked raising my eyebrows.

She smiled sheepishly before replying. "What to do! Nobody can resist his charm. I couldn't deny his request you know, he is so cute "

I groaned in irritation and smiling cheekily asked her " How about I tell his wife, that how much cute you think he is. Huh? ". I chuckled seeing the horror in her face. "No! You know, I'm too young to die!" I laughed loudly shaking my head at her behavior. "Okay send him in."

I continued to do my works and heard his foot steps, "Why this formal meeting jeeju. You could have just called me." I asked stressing 'jeeju' knowing very well that he hated it when I call him that. He groaned "How many times should I tell you don't call me that. It just make me feel so old. And about the formality, I came here as your client to discuss about a divorce case."

What divorce case, what does that mean? He is gonna divorce my bestie and above all he has the nerve to approach me for the same. Huh. I searched for something on the table so that I can break his head and finally got hold on the flower vase and picked it and turned around ready to smash it on his head. "You're going to divorce my bestie, and you chose me as your lawyer. How dare you? "

"Oh god woman! I'm not going to divorce your best friend cum sister. I was talking about my friend's divorce case. What is this with you two friends and my head. You two are always ready to break my head. No wonder how you two became best friends. " That's when I noticed that we have audience. He was staring at my hands, which is still up in the air with flower vase clutched tightly. I slowly descended the vase and tried to hide it behind me. Now the shock which was in his chocolate brown eyes turned to one of amusement. His lips tugged upwards and I felt my cheeks heat up due to embarrassment.
I cleared my throat and tried to put up a poker face to reduce the embarrassment. I moved to my chair and placed the vase on it's place and lowered my self to the chair. I tried hard so that I can come out of the awkwardness and maintain a professional aura. I prepared myself and met the chocolate brown orbs piercing into mine and took a huge breath and asked what I can do for them. "I don't want a divorce from my wife. And Rudy said you can change her mind. So I'm here to give it a try." He replied simply with a shrug.

******** **** **

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling while replaying the things happened today in my mind. Mom was really mad. How can she not be, by the time I reached home it was already half past eleven and she was waiting for me in the living room with a hard face. And me being the so much engrossed in the case lawyer, ended her call just saying 'I will be late', didn't help it either. Thank god Rudy was there to cool her down. Knowing he was with me and accompanied me till home somewhat reduced her anger.

Then my mind shifted to the owner of that chocolate brown orbs. The same orbs which captured my attention on the first day of my college. The same orbs which still comes in my drems even after these many years. The same orbs of the most popular Omkara SinghOberoi.

Yes, I Gauri Kumari Sharma, the famous cupid lawyer of the city is in love with the same man, who captured my attention, even after 10 long years, even after knowing he can never be mine, even after knowing he is someone else's now. Yes, my heart still beats for the man who came to me for my help to get his wife back . What a fate?.....

Please vote if you liked it. Share it and leave your comments.