Royal Dramas and Wayward Godmothers

Magsimula sa umpisa

Aya would be going to attend to her daughter since her husband will be away for work for a few days.

"Ah... I almost forgot about that. Have a safe journey Aya, I do hope that Akane gets well soon."

Aya nods with a smile and ruffles his hair.

"Bye Naruto. Take care of yourself and my clinic."

Naruto smiles, "You know I will."

___&&___

Later that evening Naruto walks home heart and mind heavy with thought.

He is so distracted that he almost misses it.

A scream resonates in the air and Naruto's thoughts come to a screeching halt. That sounded like someone, a woman, in a lot of pain. He looks around trying to locate the source of the scream.

The second scream has him sprinting full speed towards the direction of the voice. He has a fleeting thought that maybe this is a trick by some bandits or something but his instincts told him to go there and they have never guided him wrong before.

Besides even if it's bandits Naruto can take care of them just fine.

What he finds though is not bandits, it's a woman, a pregnant woman. She's on the ground clutching at her large belly with her face twisted in agony. Tears trailed down her cheeks as she whimpered and whined at the pain.

The most alarming fact was the pool of red quickly spreading beneath her.

Naruto rushed to her not pausing to think twice. The bleeding was extensive and Naruto knew right then that the chances of survival for both mother and child were slim.

But as the woman's pained feverish eyes meet his, he mumbles,

"It's going to be okay."

He will make sure of that.

___&&___

After leaving Tsunade at their hotel room Shizune goes looking for the pregnant woman. After some searching, she doesn't the woman.

She is standing at the edge of town when she hears a scream.

Shizune focuses on the sound and rushes as fast as she can to the source of the scream. She sees some others doing the same besides her.

When she reaches the area where the screams originated from, she finds the woman and a young boy. There is so much blood that Shizune is almost sure that the woman has just lost her child. But she is a medic and as such she doesn't take any chances.

Shizune rushes to help the woman. She hears someone shuffle behind her and finds that some of the locals have reached there as well. She hears them gasp at the sight of all the blood.

"Oh dear God, what happened to that poor woman?"

"Look she's pregnant!"

"Poor child! Wait, isn't that Naruto with her?"

"Oh yes, that's him. He can help her!"

Shizune doesn't pay much attention to the conversation behind her but she hears it none the less.

Shizune kneels next to the boy and the woman and that's when she notices the white glow of the boy's palm held over the woman's stomach.

'A medic?'

Shizune looks at the boy, 'Looks young enough to be a genin... But what healing technique is that? What exactly is he doing?'

"Who are you?"