But, as I said, there was some truth. Yes, there was something keeping us from one another, but not all of us. As I told james, I often kept in contact with both Niall and liam. And, although I chose not to reveal this in the conversation, I actually had reached out to louis a few months after the split. To no surprise, I never got an answer. I never got any answers. So when his mom died, I didn't call, I didn't text. When his sister died, I did the same. When his son was born, Iwas a ghost. It's what he wanted.

But maybe James was right. Maybe, after all these years, it could be time for a change. Maybe it was time to get the answers I've spent close to six years yearning for.

Maybe.

Almost as an impulse, I reach for my phone, Hit a name in my contact list, and listen mindlessly to the tone of the ring. I hear static, and then a voice greeting me.

"Harry, Mate! Long time no speak,huh?"

The irish accent fills my ears and almost immediately I'm greeted with a wave of nostalgia.

"Niall, hey."

A smile creeps on to my lips, and I'm starting to think that this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Styles," He exclaims "What's up?"

Loaded question.

"Ah, not much," I take another sip, "just got done with an interview with James, actually."

"James! Howis the old man, eh?"

"Oh you know," I let out a breathy laugh, "obnoxious as usual. Obnoxious, and oddly curious tonight actually."

Niall laughs soulfully and carries on. "Curious huh? How so?"

"Well," I start "The interview went well actually, very tame. But afterwards he kinda pulled me aside and gave me some sot of pep talk."

"A pep talk?"

"Yeah,"I swallow. "of sorts. Just asked a whole bunch of weird questions."

"About what?"

Here it goes.

"About the band, about you and Liam...about louis."

Niall falls silent.

"Did you know louis got engaged?" I spit the words out uncontrollably, unsure of whether it was me or the alcohol talking.

I hear him clear his throat on the other end and immediately regret that.

"Uh, yeah actually, I did. I got the invitation in the mail last week."

God, there's a date set all ready.

"I'm guessing you didn't get one, huh?"

I scoff, hoping it passes as an answer.

"I'm sorry, Harry."

"No," I choke, "It's okay. It's not like I expected one anyways."

Niall laughs nervously and I feel guilty for putting him on the spot. It wasn't my intention, but it had to be done. I've spent too long in the dark.

"Niall?"

"Yeah mate?"

"Is he-" I almost stop mid sentence but decide to carry on. "Is he happy? Louis, I mean."

He hesitates and I can feel the uncertainty through the line. He's afraid to hurt me, I can tell. He's wondering if the truth is worth the pain, and frankly, so am I.

"You're going to the Grammy's this week, Yeah?"

His question side tracks me but i answer nonetheless.

"Yeah, I'm nominated. Why?"

"Well then you can see for yourself, Harry. We'll both be there, and at the after party as well, and I know Harry styles never misses a party."