He set it down on the ground and slid it underneath the crack of my cell door. I walked over to him as he stood up from bending down. Then I smiled, reached through the bars, and slugged him hard in the stomach.

"Urgh..." the guard groaned, and then he dropped to the ground, unconscious. I shook out my fist from hitting the armor, then I immediately bent down and starting rummaging through his clothes. I found the chain of keys he was carrying, reached through the bars, and after trying a few keys, found the right one to my cell and opened it up.

Freedom felt good, I had to say.

I dragged the guard into my cell by his feet, then I grabbed his sword off his belt and walked over to the Luminary's cage. I unlocked it and he stepped back a little bit as I stepped inside.

I put the sword over my shoulder and said, "The Luminary? You're serious?"

He just stared at me, silent. I stared right back at him. Was he mute or something?

"So it's all happening just like the Seer said it would..." I said to myself. I tilted my head towards the now empty hallway and said louder, "We'd better get out of here."

I removed the sword from my shoulder, turned around, and walked out of his cell. I went back into mine and crouched down next to a straw mat. I glanced over at him as he came into my cell and I reached down to lift up the mat. Then I heard the heavy clanking of metal on the floor, and I stopped.

I stood and held my hand up to him. "Wait here," I said, then I grasped the sword in my left hand and ran into the hallway.

"You!?" he said when he saw me racing towards him. "But-! Arrrgh!"

I slammed his head with the butt of my sword and he crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

I noticed a bag sitting next to him, and an oddly familiar weapon. Sighing, I grabbed the two items and made my way back to the Luminary, who had exited my cell and now stood by the entrance.

He seemed concerned about the unconscious guard slumped against the wall. I glanced back at the guard and said, "Don't worry, I didn't kill him. But he won't be waking up any time soon..."

I held out the sword I had been using to him. "Things could get pretty hairy up ahead. You'd better take this."

He took the sword from me and strapped it to his belt. I held out the bag I had found. "Oh, and I found his in a corner over there. I guess it's your stuff, right?"

He silently took the bag from me also. I held up the weapon I had found. "Me, I got this little beauty back, so now I'm pretty much unstoppable." I strapped my favorite knife to my belt. "We'd better get out of here before more of our tin-headed friends come knocking. Holler when you're ready to move out, okay?"

I walked over to the wall and grabbed the lit torch off of it. I held it up and walked back into my cell, him following close behind me. I crouched down and move my mat over to the side. Underneath it was a deep hole.

"I spent ages digging this hole, and you just happen to show up the day I finish it? Heck of a coincidence," I said, mumbling the last part mostly to myself. "Guess I really was meant to help you out, just like the Seer said. Anyway, there'll be time to talk about all that later. In you go!"

Erik's Journey | The Fallजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें