Chapter 24: And Worse

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Iz!" she said loudly in my face with her pink puckered lips grinning wide. "I've got a surprise for you! Remember about that favor I owe you? Well, I got your back, girl! Follow me!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, staring bizarrely at the crazy girl. "And, can you get off of me? You're crushing my spleen."

"Oh, sorry." Her wings fluttered, holding a hand out for me to take as she helped me get to my feet. "So, let me show you! You're really gonna like it."

"What is it?" I asked as she dragged my hand through the nearly empty hallway to wherever she was taking me. Her wings flapped hard as she carried me along as my feet hurried along with her to match her pace. She's fast.

"You'll see!" She brought me quickly down the hallway and up through the stairwells as we took many flights up steps to reach a sudden room I was not aware of. Well, it is my fault for not really exploring much of the place anyways.

"Remember when Apple spread that nasty rumor about you?" The girl I had no idea what her name was boldly said.

"How could I forget?" I said with a groan at the memory. She was so cruel to me. I hated that she did that. Made me look like the bad guy. But then again, why did all of this get to make me believe that I was the bad guy?

She opened the big wooden door. Inside the room was Apple, Ashlyn, Blondie, Bunny, and Maddie. They were all covered in a sticky, green slime that covered them completely as they were stuck trying to move. They all squirmed and tried to pull away from the mysterious goop but it was impossible for them to get out.

"Get us out!" Ashlyn shouted as she was trying to pry her dress out of the goop. It was not working. It was like sticky glue.

"What did you do to them?" I gasped in horror, my hands covering my mouth.

"Duh!" She rolled her eyes, a smug grin in her silver cheeks. "It's what you said. Your favor."

"I never said I wanted anything bad to happen to them!" I said loudly, causing everyone's eyes to turn toward me.

"This was your plan all along?!" I heard Apple say with an aggravated growl. "Hey, get this off of me! It's so sticky!"

"Hehehe! It matches my eyes!" said Maddie with a giggle who was the only one enjoying herself. At least she was making light of the situation unlike everyone else in this epidemic.

"This is so not right! It'll take weeks to wash this out of my hair," Blondie said while trying to get out of it. 

"I didn't want this." I said looking at my friend. "This isn't okay. Get them out, immediately!"

"Izzy, why did you do this?" Bunny asked me. I only shook my head vigorously. This was such a mess. Oh, I hate this.

"I didn't do this! It wasn't planned of anything. I had no part of this." I shook my head, looking at each one of them who struggled to get out of the sticky situation.

"But it's what you wanted." My silver toned friend said, her wings fluttering as she hovered above the ground ever so slightly.

"No!" I shook my head quickly, an aggravated frown escaping with a groan. "This is completely upside down! Release them!"

"Ugh. Do you know how hard it was just to set this stupid thing up?" my friend said in a cynical tone. "Well, only ten minutes but still!"

"Let. Them. Go!" I shouted at her. She shut up as she flew over to an area of the room, pulling a lever up that brought a gigantic fan to fly all the goop off of them.