The Ballerina Chapter One

The Ballerina

Chapter One

Please no flash photography during the performance, and please wait until the end to go leave. Thank you and enjoy the performance.

I shook off my nerves and said a little pray that I wouldn't forget the steps. As my cue went so did I. At the beginning my heart bumped so hard and my adrenaline kicked in, but soon i got comfortable and my heart rate slowed into the beat on the music.

I jumped and Julian caught me, spinning me around.

I trusted Julian with my life, we have been dance partner for three years now, and each performance I learn to trust him more. Finally I began the Adage, I positioned my Hips correcting making it easier to lift.

It has become a goal for many dancers to have high extensions, and many dance teachers, including my own push to have them to it, my leg went so high for a moment I thought I was going to lose my balance, but luck and talent were on my side and I didn't fall.

When i landed and bowed with Julian the crowd cheered, our duet went off without a hitch. the curtains lowered for a moment for us to get off stage.

"You were great Julian." I said giving him a hug

"You were too Alexandra, almost kicked me once though." We laughed and ran off stage hand in hand.

Sitting backstage waiting for me was Natalie, and Nate they rushed me with flowers and congratulation.

"You were beautiful out there!" Natalie said giving me a tight huge, I squeezed her back and smiled at her

"Thank you, so where are we going now?" i asked already knowing the answer.

"The after party?" Nate suggested  I quickly agreed needing some serious fun right now

When we went in I was greeted with sloppy drunken hugs from my friends and cast members, I met up with Sal giving him a quick hug.

"Where were you?"

"We had to stop off at home to change..." I drifted off seeing a rather good looking guy next to Sal, a friend maybe?

"Oh this is Keven, Keven this is Alexandra, Alexandra this is Keven."

I shook his hand lightly. His eyes started to sway as Amber started to come in the room.

She was beautiful, whenever she was in the same room as me she always would shine more brightly, all eyes were on her. She approached us and glanced over to our hands, something sparkled in her eyes like a brilliant thought of some kind.

She was what some people would regard as to my darth vader, It started out as friendly competition we were actually great friends in the beginning, competitive with each other but still friends.

"Can I have my hand back?" Kevin asked seeming a little bit uncomfortable with me still shaking his hand. I quickly pulled my hand back, and started blushing vicariously.

She strut up to us, and see looked more like she was on a runway. I wasn't jealous, it was just more annoying then anything else.

"Hey guys." she said giving all of them a quite hug, excluded me. another thing that's annoying is that shes friends with Natalie, and Nate. there's always a really big elephant in the room when we all are together.

"Kevin!" she screech in her high picked voice, she sounded like she has already started drinking.

She flung her arms around him and landed a huge sloppy kiss on him, I quickly switched my eyes to Natalie and Nate. They both shrugged, It funny that neither of us remembered she would come here. seeing as it's a cast party, and she is the lead.

Natalie mouthed a quite 'sorry' . usually we try and make plans that didn't include me and Amber together.

An uneasy laugh got my attention, Kevin was taking her arms off him and stepped away looking like he was telling her something. he was whispering so I didn't really hear much.

I quickly got as far away from that slut as possibly, I saw Julian there and went up behind him and rapt my arms around him. at first he went ridged from the unsuspecting touch, but sorted as he realized it was me.

"Hey," he said turning around to face me. the girl he was talking to signed in the new focus of his attention which made me chuckle, me and Julian may be close but never like that. Innocent flirting.

he rapped his arm around mine and we found a comfy couch to drink and talk on, until finally I was completely drunk.

when Julian finally started talking to other woman, as he called it. but he was half way down her throat when i finally realized maybe that was another cue of mine to go. i took it and left in search for Natalie

I found out soon she was in one of the bedrooms with Nate, a little tie on the door which  I laughed at it, and turned around. I was ready to go home, I stumbled down the stairs and grabbed my keys from my purse,

I grabbed my coat and was prepared to go home when i ran into someone and when i said ran, i meant it. I nearly fell over him but he quickly steadied me.

"Wow there." he said

"Ken!" I said, laughing when i realized i half yelled it.

"Where you going?" he asked.

I slurred out home and when i told him i was driving home he quickly swiped the keys from me saying he'd call a cab for me. I tired getting the keys back, but figured it was probably for the best. plus i probably couldn't take him he was a head taller then me and looked very lean.

I started being very paranoid that the cab driver was looking far too sketchy so he told me he would come with me. the car ride home i belt out the songs on the radio. I sounded amazing, but the cab driver turned it off, i kicked the back of his seat the whole way home after that.

I tried pulling the door opened but it wouldn't bunch, i almost started to cry saying i wouldn't get home. Ken leaned over and pushed the door wide open i smiled at him and kissed him right on the lips.

he reacted a minute later grabbed the back of my neck and pulling me closer. I pulled back with a giggle and asked him if he wanted to come up for some coffee.

I didn't have a single drop of coffee that night.

(P.S He's name's not ken, it's kevin. she was just smashed  gotta love that vex ;P)