Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

Nancy and Jonathan moved the couch in front of the back door, leaving the lamp broken on the floor. Nancy quickly picked up the gun, "Hey, get away from the windows."

Addison stood beside Max and Lucas, slowly looking around ay the flickering lights as her heartbeat began to increase. She squeezed her eyes shut, praying to God above that she wouldn't have a seizure tonight.

"He's here." Will said. The trees outside began to rustle as the coffee mugs crashed to the floor, sending thousands of glass pieces flying across the room. Max knitted her eyebrows together, raising her head towards the cieling. "Where'd it go?"

Addison let out a scream, stumbling back as one of the creature's arms shot through the wall of the house, reaching to grab her. She pressed herself into the wall, trying to become smaller before Jonathan raised his ax and hitting the arm repeatedly.

Jonathan let out a groan when the mind flayer slammed him into a wall, dropping the ax. Addison covered her ears as Nancy shot it three times before realizing she was out of ammo.

The mind flayer began to wail in pain as Eleven stepped forward, her arm up and blood dripping from her nose. Max yelped, stumbling back as the arm retreated after Eleven had ripped the claws off. "Holy shit!"

Addison inhaled sharply as two more arms appeared, both being stopped by Eleven. She stood in between them, breathing heavily. A scream left her lips and blood splattered onto Addison's face as she ripped the arms from the mind flayer's body.

"El!" Addison shrieked, running forward and grabbing onto her arms. "It's okay! You're gonna be okay!"

"Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan shouted over Eleven's screams. Addison breathed slowly, trying to tune out the chaos around her as Lucas screamed while hitting the creature with the ax. Nancy continously shot it, each shot breaking Addison from her trance jusy a little bit more.

Addison's head bounced off of the ground as the mind flayer's tongue became sliced in half. Addison slowly sat up, the ringing in her ears growing as her mind became fuzzy. "Max.."

"Shit, Addie!" Max gasped, watching as Addison's eyes rolled back into her head. "Fuck! No, no, no, no!"

Fear flashed in Max's eyes as she watched her girlfriend's body begin to convulse violently. "Addie!"

Eleven screamed in pain as Mike ripped the mouth from her calf. The creature groaned horribly, causing Addison's seizure to worsen.

"Addison! Max, fuck!" Lucas cursed, "This is not good!"

"Really? I thought it was great!" Nancy shouted sarcastically, breathing heavily as she kept her eyes focused on the creature.

"What the hell do I do? I-I-I-" Max began to stammer, her hands becoming shaky as she hovered them over Addison's body.

"Just-Just let her go!" Mike said, "It's scary, but she'll be okay!"

Eleven looked to her side, locking eyes with Max's fearful ones as she slowly stood up. She raised both of her arms, a yell leaving her lips as she slowly tore the mind flayer in half.

"What do we do? Carry her?" Jonathan shook his head rapidly, "We-We can't wait for this! We don't have time!"

"Well, make time!" Max snapped, glaring at the older boy briefly before focusing her attention on her girlfriend.

A heavy tension that could be cut with a knife rested over the room, all eyes focused on Addison as the spasm's slowly receded after a few minutes. She blinked slowly, confusion flashing through her eyes. "What-"

"No time!" Jonathan shouted, slipping an arm under her knees and around her back. Slowly, Addison slipped her arm around his neck as her body grew tired.

"Come on! Come on! Come on!" Jonathan shouted, anxiously tapping his feet as Lucas, Mike, and Nancy pulled the couch from it the door.

"Go! Go!" Nancy shouted, pulling open the door. 

Everyone ran through, Addison's eyes filled with worry as what had just occurred slowly returned to her memory.

The sound of the creature roaring caused Jonathan to press Addison's ear into his chest as Max opened the car door. He gently set her inside and moved her to the end, Max pulling her close and planting countless kisses on her cheek, "That was scary as fuck! God, I'm so glad you're okay."

She held Addison tightly, rocking her back and forth as she rested her face in the crook of Addison's neck.

Mike and Eleven got in beside her as everyone frantically entered the car. "Drive! Drive, Nancy!"

Addison blinked slowly, flinching at the mind flayer's growling as Nancy sped off. "I had an episode.. didn't I?"

Silence fell over the vehicle, confirming Addison's question. She sighed sadly, guilt washing over her as she rested her head on Max's head.

"Great."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: poor addie :( also i feel like my descriptiveness (?) of her seizure was shitty but- im sleepy }

{ Edited: No }