Chapter 2

Raj

The day we arrived at their door step, I examined our surroundings. The house wasn't too big and not so elaborate. The setting was very welcoming. It was a nice family. I was invited in. We sat down with her parents and chatted. I saw a pair of eyes staring at me through the blinds of another room. The eyes widened as soon as I stared back. The face had vanished. I could only wonder who that was. I asked to use the washroom and I was directed closer to where the eyes were. I walked over to where I heard voices. 

"Didi (sister), he's so hot. You're so lucky. You should say yes right now." "Shut up, I haven't even met him yet."another voice said. "Di, this is like the perfect guy. If you don't say yes, Mom will force you to marry someone." "I told you to shut up already. Pass me those bangles. I have to go in the next five minutes otherwise I'm dead meat." I couldn't figure out who this character was. A girl wearing a pretty sari walked out, bumping right into me and then said sorry before running in the opposite direction. I couldn't even take a good look at her at the speed she was running at. I watched the slim figure run with her smooth black hair flying behind her. What a funny person. I went back to the living room and sat down. The girl's mom called her over, "Meera, come now".

The same two eyes that had stared at me earlier were set in a beautiful face, and her smooth black hair hung loosely around her glowing face. She walked over with the snacks and drinks setting it down before we were given her biography. Teacher at a primary school. Likes her job. Has always been shy and quiet. Interesting. We had been there for quite some time when I gave my mom the signal that I wanted to talk to Meera. "My son would like to talk to your daughter for a few minutes." Meera's eyes quickly darted back up to look at me and then looked away. I was lead to the room she had run out of earlier before bumping into me.