Conflicting Authorities (1 week later)

Start from the beginning

-"Ooooooooh! Cool! What is it?" Neptune asked, her eyes lighting up

-"The I-19 Plasmacaster or just Plasma Cannon for short. Standard issue particle dispersal cannon. More than enough to tear right through a beast." I explained.

-"'Standard issue'? You mean normal people had these things in your time?!" Neptune asked.

-"No, just that it was the only model of particle accelerator that scientists used."

-"Oh...well that's less fun."

     I couldn't help but realize that Neptune really isn't deterred by her condition. She can still rule a nation, have fun and even take care of quests. She may be slightly annoying at times, but she's not a bad person. Our talk was interrupted by an alarm. 

-"Beast detected, Gipsy Danger and Cherno Alpha, prepare to deploy." IF said over the facility's intercom.

     Neptune and I looked at each other.

-"Welp, guess you gotta go huh?" Neptune asked.

-"I'll be back." I said.

-"Of course you will, you're the protagonist! I don't think the author's gonna kill you off in this story!" Neptune said.

     I tried to ignore her remarks and walked towards the exit. Once I was outside, I started walking towards the target location. It's in Lowee of all places. While I was on my way, I noticed the change in weather. It was snowing; this must be the northern region. Because of this, the further I walked, the denser the snow became. Visibility was limited. I had to use thermal optics and sonar to keep my bearings. I met up with Cherno eventually. She had choppers with her to light up our way through the blizzard.

 She had choppers with her to light up our way through the blizzard

-"Hey there, kiddo." Cherno said.

-"I'm older than you, Cherno." I said.

     I heard the roar of the Beast and we turned to face it. Shouldn't be a challenge with two of us.

-"Yeah buuuuut, I'm the mama bear in this family." Cherno said, rushing forward.

-"I guess she is." I said to myself, running to assist her.