vingt

chapter twenty - sugar ( part 2 )

mike held will's petite hand in his and sat him down on the back of his bike

mike held will's petite hand in his and sat him down on the back of his bike. the smaller boy blushed and giggled at the contact between them, and mike swooned right then— anything will did mike would swoon.

"ready, byers?"

"yes, wheeler."

"to the mall!"

hawkins was beautiful at night. it was quiet mostly. calm, serene, like a beautiful ghost. mike's bicycle wheels against the pavement and will's soft breathing were all to be heard, and the occasional sounds of cars passing by with dumb teenagers laughing in them. mike's cast was finally off and will would check on him every day. it had been almost a month since that incident, and no one had forgotten how he almost killed himself over will byers. that was over for mike. from then, he didn't want to be nervous anymore. he wanted to show will the love he felt, and he wasn't afraid to show it anymore. the feeling was too much to bear, too much to bottle up and keep to himself. and will felt the same way about him. now it wasn't so hard. now, it was perfect.

will and mike finally reached the mall. mike parked his bike and helped his little love off of it, to which he smiled coyly.

"thank you, good sir," will joked.

the raven chuckled and kissed will's check. "anytime, milady!" he tried to intertwine their fingers but will sprinted forward.

"you gotta race me!"

"you're on, will byers!"

will giggled like a child and ran to the mall doors, mike trailing behind him by a hair. the brunette was quite fast, mike noticed, and he reached the revolving doors before mike did.

"how are you so fast, buttercup?"

"ah, there's something you don't know about me," will said excitedly, "i used to do track in middle school."

"really," mike was a bit surprised, "no offense, byers, but i didn't really expect you to be into sports."

"oh no, you're right, i'm so not," the other giggled, "can you hold my hand now?" he added nervously.

mike blushed and kissed will's forehead, holding his cheeks with his thin hands. "of course, buttercup." without hesitation he laced his long fingers with will's small ones. as they made their way to scoops ahoy, they laughed and joked and shared love in the air and felt the intimacy between their intertwined hands and intertwined souls.