I. Internal

It was a tough night for Gregory. After his everyday visit at the bar LaBlank he laid down on his sofa and tried to fall asleep. Nonetheless Gregory couldn't normally set his exhausted and drunk body free and let himself rest. Unconsciously he wondered about his own life. As he couldn't grasp the utter idea of his current premise he tortured himself with thoughts about life he already lost and couldn't accept the despair he created.

His room was dark and empty - as he was newly moved in - boxes with his stuff were lying in the corner of a living room. The only thing in the room were his sofa and the desk on which were his computer as well as a shelf next to it with many books. Mostly the great amount of many works of his favorite authors such as Dostoevsky, Camus or Lem. Besides of those he also had some of the books he got from his superiors to translate. He worked as a translator so having them so having them on hand was crucial for his own maintenance. Although he moved in not so long ago the corners of the room were rather dusty and covered with spider webs and - mostly because Gregory didn't bother to clean the entire place - The messy state of his flat wasn't bothering him at all. The only thing he was thinking about was his former love Madeline. 

In spite of his job being only at home he was absent for almost every time. He couldn't spare any of his time for his own wife. The only thing he was constantly thinking about was his job. Although vague and ambiguous the reason may appear, the actual state of their relationship was expiring for a long long time. Gregory loved her but Madeline wasn't suited for such life and because of that her love for Gregory ceased.

Gregory was miserable. At first he ridiculed and ignored the queit signs his wife was giving him and at some point the line was crossed and she left him afterwards.
- Such bullshit... - he muttered as he stood up and walked towards the mirror -
He looked at his own misery, he had dark circles under his eyes and greasy hair.
- What a mess of a human being - he said as he started to look at his teeth -
He quickly worried a little about the state of his toothing.

The first thing that caught his eye was a miserable state of his incisors. They were moving a little bit, Gregory felt somewhat bothered by it. As he tried to look more thoroughly on his toothing he felt the metallic savor inside of his mouth. He tasted his own blood spurting from his gingivae. As the blood kept on squirting inside of his mouth with a little bit of pressure he felt constant numbness preceded with a small dose of pain. Shivers went down the Gregors spine as he gulped his own blood. His entire body became lifeless. He was genuinely dreaded. Although he worked at home he was also concerned and anxious about his own appearance. His miserable state was slowly becoming impossible to repair. As retaining his old self was too much for him, he run down the spiral of his own vanity and became distorted.
Many negative thoughts were passing through his mind as he was constantly feeling this metallic flavor of his own blood mixed with the numbness inside of his mouth. 
- Why? - he thought as he grabbed the bottle of water to get rid of that horrible taste out of his mouth.

The texture of blood vanished at first but soon Gregory felt that the blood is still dripping. Gregory felt that his incisors are getting less and less attached to his gingiva. He felt severe pain as the blood kept on going inside of his mouth and some of his tooth dropped off. With this came the feeling of helplesness. He felt hopeless and started pouring tears out of his eyes. He felt as if his own life were torn apart by his own idiocy. He thought about the grotesque of this entire situation as the blood started to drop out of his mouth and spill on the ground as he was lying on his knees, looking down on the bloody drops and his own life. He felt restless, the thought about ending it all crossed his mind for a moment but was immediately replaced with the thought of his mother Lenore. She loved him dearly and he just couldn't make her suffer simply to end his own misery. 

Gregory stood up and looked into a mirror one more time. He's seen a distorted and gruesome version of himself. His entire chin was covered in his own blood and saliva as the rest of his face was all wet because of his tears. When he opened his mouth he's seen that out of all his insisors none remain. The only thing he saw was his gingiva spurting even more blood than before. Gregory felt nausea as he looked at his current state. 
- Look at yourself... That's how you face reality... - he muttered wherefore he punched the mirror with his fist... -

...Gregory screamed as he woke up lying on his sofa. His entire body was wrenched and cold. He fell asleep without the coverlet and with the opened window. Gregory quickly run towards the mirror to check his toothing. The soathing knowledge of his incisors being intact put him at ease.
- So it was just a dream... - he said.