•|| rhythm ||•

Start from the beginning

"Well, good luck camping out alone in the woods then." Dororo scoffed, spinning her heels abruptly. I presume she doesn't want to see me.

Well then, one of us has to be mature and swallow up their pride.

And I refuse to be that person.

"Ha. Maybe I will." Folding my arms across my chest, I spun my heels. The action lead me to abruptly meeting Hyakkimaru's form, our profile's not a ruler away. I have to admit; I didn't notice him behind me. "Hey there, Hyakkimaru. Mind saying (Y/N) today."

The ebony-haired male only tilts his head slightly to side, staring curiously at me with his hazel-coloured prosthetic hues. With that reaction, I already knew this boy wouldn't say my name just yet. I breathed out a sigh, slapping his shoulder lightly. "Never mind."

"You're not coming?" Hyakkimaru questions like a curious child, bearing his hazel prosthetics into my (e/c) pools. I find myself internally bursting to loud screeches at how adorable the raven head seemed at the moment. Goddamit! Where is my camera when I need it? Every fangirl in the world would kill to capture a photo of this man. A shame his father is an asshole. "I won't if you won't."

This boi can make any girl fall for him without any effort. How am I supposed to act like a pissy beach if he's making a face like that? It is a an extremely rare chance to rest in a proper bed in this era, I couldn't possibly rob that away from him due to immature pride and selfishness.

And so, in a begrudging manner,

"Lead the way to the goddamn inn, Dororo." I muttered almost in an inveighing manner without bothering to look down at the shorter girl as I slumped my shoulders. "At the very least, we could get some actual sleep there."

"Well, while we're at it, we might as well enjoy the hot springs there." Dororo claims, breaking off the news that had sent me with my head up in the clouds at the thought of dipping in hot waters in this frigid winter season. At the moment, it seemed the both of us had momentarily forgotten about our earlier banter. "Make sure to clean up real nicely, Onee-san."

A smirk made it's way to the child's lips as she said so, looking at me with great pride. Her rude comment had snapped me out of my thoughts, a scowl curving down my lips as I narrowed my eyes at the child. Now, I'm mad. "What are you implying?"

"Simple." She shrugged her shoulders as she made a one-eighty spin, her back now facing me as she continued. "You reek, Onee-san."

Do I really?

And with a whiff, I found my answer without hitch. All it was were two simple letters.

Ew.

~~~~~

Well, what else should I expect from a free lounge-in inn in this type of era.

I let out a sneeze as dust had covered our surroundings the moment I opened the vacant room we were generously offered. Snot dripped down my nose as my allergic rhinitis instantly reacted to the poorly cleaned room.

"Yeah. I have to get out a bit." I claimed, letting out another strong sneeze. Sniffling, I lifted up my arm to wipe the snot with my tattered sleeves. "I'm going to the hot springs, if you'll excuse me. And, I want this room clean when I get back."

"Geez, what a baby." Dororo scoffed, letting out another of her devious smirks as I shot her a subtle glare beforw letting out a sneeze once more. A string of chuckles slipped past her lips not long after, waving her hand dismissively. "Alright, alright. Just head on to the hot springs already; I heard from the owner that a change of clothes is prepared for us. Aniki and I will follow after."