The Laughing Doll

Start from the beginning

Just like before, Kanna's body had begun to gently but greatly shake in fear, and you didn't blame her one bit! Miley's explanation practically acally sent chills down your spine. Someone would die? Someone... inferior? You didn't hear that word often, but you sure knew what it meant.

"Eh..?" The green-haired girl standing next to you softly whispered in dismay. "I'm saying that you'll pick it yourselves," Miley shook her head in frustration, still keeping that sparkling smile glued onto her face. "The one most unnecessary, hated, and acceptable to have die."

Q-Taro clenched his fists and pointed at Sue Miley, "Stop talkin' nonsense..!! Like we're gonna do somethin' like that!!"

The Laughing Doll giggled, "Ahaha. Then by all means, starve to death here, all of you."

Keiji nervously chuckled, "Whoa, just laying it on the table."

It took a few replays in your mind to comprehend, but eventually you learned to understand what Sue Miley had meant by the words 'majority vote.' A death game. The concept wasn't new to you. You've seen a lot of video games surrounding some kind of 'death game' idea, but the reality of it all was the thing that had really surprised you. After all, it isn't every day that a random girl like you are selected to participate in something like this, huh?

Miley folded her hands together and grinned, "Ahaha, don't get so pale everyone! I've got something good to hand out!"

...Something good?

The fudge-covered woman began handing out tablets to each person in the room. Once everyone had gotten one, Sue Miley stepped back over to the spot where she had been previously standing.

You ran your fingers over the cold metal surface of the mobile device. It seemed like a normal tablet, but none of this seemed normal, so you wondered what exactly this would be used for. What if you just... smashed it onto the ground. Would Miley have an extra one that she would give you, or would you get a severe punishment?

Maybe you shouldn't be thinking about those things right now...

"Ehehe, does everyone have one now? Let us test the functionality with some actual use." Miley smiled, "When voting, if you know who voted for who, it turns into a quarrel, doesn't it? Eheehee... Thus, by voting with these tablets, you won't know who made what vote. As a test, try voting for whoever!"

You glanced down at your tablet, unsure of what to do next. You didn't really despise anyone here. It was the exact opposite actually. You didn't want to vote for anyone! Ugh... this would be hard. You really liked Gin and Kanna, so they were off of your voting list. Professor Mishima and Nao treated you very nicely, which made you feel fluffy... This is just a test, right? If it's a test, then your vote technically doesn't matter. You shut your eyes and hovered your finger over the tablet, biting your lip in anticipation. You tapped a random spot on the tablet and quickly opened your eyes once again. After about a minute had passed, the tablets began to display the results of the vote.

Sara: 0 votes.
Joe: 1 vote.
Keiji: 2 votes.
Kanna: 1 vote.
Q-Taro: 1 vote.
Sou: 0 votes.
Reko: 1 vote.
Nao: 0 votes.
Y/N: 1 vote.
Kai: 1 vote.
Gin: 1 vote.
Mishima: 3 votes.

Professor Mishima had obtained the most votes.

"Oh my... It appears to be a bit one-sided." The grey-haired man spoke, "Hm... so this is a tablet for voting..."

"Ahaha. Is there something you want to say?" Sue Miley interrupted him.

Professor Mishima nodded his head, "...If you were human, I suppose there would be. Something like, "cease this, if you have a heart.""

Miley chuckled, "Eheehee. Unfortunately, I do not."

"A pity..." Mishima sadly smiled.

"Eheehee. More importantly," Sue Miley spoke up, "Are you sure?"

"Hm?" The old man raised a brow.

A few seconds later, the familiar sound of vibrating began emitting from Professor Mishima's collar. Sue Miley closed her eyes and softly smiled, "Are you sure you want those as your last words?"

The vibrating continued. A look of uncertainty crossed the Professor's face.

"...What are you doing..?"

"..."

"It won't explode, will it..?"

"...Ahaha, No, it won't explode..." Sue Miley plainly answered.

The professor remained quiet for a moment, before looking back up at the fudge-decorated woman. "...What did you say..?" He silently asked as his face began to turn red.

"Do you really want those as your last words?"

"P-Professor..?" Nao stuttered out in concern. Professor Mishima lifted his hands up to his collar as he started to profusely start sweating. The pink-haired girl walked up to her teacher, before getting pulled back by Keiji. "Eheehee. Aheh, aheehahahaha..!" Miley burst out laughing louder than ever before.

"...?! It's hot..!!" Mishima shouted, staring down at the ground in front of him. His collar begun to heat up, intensely burning the flesh around his neck.

"Gaaah...! My neck...!!" The professor yelled out. A sizzling sound erupted from the metal, scorching his neck even more. The collar was visibly changing color, turning grey to red within seconds. "Aaaaah..!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!" Kazumi Mishima let out an ear-splitting scream as the small red collar chafed the tissue that surrounded his throat. "It burns...!! AHHHHHH...!!"

"Professor!! PROFESSOOOOOOOOOR!!" Nao shrieked as tears began to flood her vision. You watched in horror as Professor Mishima screamed in pain, desperately clawing at the contraption that squeezed and burned his neck. Just like Kanna had earlier, you began to anxiously shake, cupping your hands over your mouth as to not make any noise in response to the scene the played out in front of you.

"Take it off! Take it off, old man!!" Q-Taro shouted as he slammed his fist against the wall. Professor Mishima struggled to answer, or to talk for that matter. His mouth hung agape and his eyes had dilated.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! PROFESSOOOOOOOR!!" Nao cried out, dropping her tablet and attempting to run up to Professor Mishima. "Stay away!!" Professor Mishima pushed Nao away from him. Before she could run up to him again, Q-Taro and Keiji grabbed both of her arms as she struggled to run up to her teacher again. Nao sunk to the ground, gripping the ends of her long pink hair as she repeated the Professor's name, sobbing.

And with that, Professor Mishima stopped moving, and fell backwards in front of Kanna.