Daniel and I made it back to the arena just after Sheamus won his match against Titus O'Neil.
"I had a great time," I said as we walked into the building. "We should do it again sometime."
"Definitely," Daniel agreed. "Don't forget," he began as he walked backward down the corridor. "I'm giving you a San Antonio tour later on tonight."
"Trust me, I haven't forgotten," I replied.
I watched him disappear into the Superstar locker room before I turned the opposite way, bumping into a muscular figure. I looked up and saw Dean scowling down at me.
"Oh, hey Dean," I greeted casually, stuffing my hands in the front pocket of my WWE sweatshirt and strolling down the hall.
"Where. Were. You?" he growled, keeping pace with me.
I shrugged. "I was out," I answered.
"Out where?"
I stopped, exasperatedly groaning. "Why do you care?" I asked. "Weren't you the one that told me to get lost?"
Dean sighed, shutting his eyes and rubbing his temples. "I didn't mean it and I didn't think you would actually do it," he admitted before opening his eyes and dropping his hands at his sides. "I'm sorry."
"For?" I questioned, picking at the chipped off polish on my nails.
"For talking to you like that earlier. The Twitter stunt wasn't the only thing I was upset about."
"What else were you upset about?" I asked.
He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Are we okay?"
I touched my chin with my index finger, pretending to think. "Yeah, we're okay."
He grinned. "Cool." We started walking again. "So where did you go, for real?" he asked.
"I went to go eat," I answered.
"With Bryan?" he asked.
"Yeah," I replied. "Why is that a problem?"
"No problem," he said, shaking his head.
We made our way to his locker room to see Roman and Seth doing some warm-ups.
"You guys act like your about to go out and kick some butt," I observed.
Seth shrugged. "You know us too well, Ms. Renee," he said with a smile.
My blood turned cold. "You guys aren't really gonna do this, right?" I asked urgently, grabbing Dean by his Shield jacket.
He cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What are you talking about?" he asked.
I realized what I said and bit my tongue. "Nothing," I quickly said, letting Dean go, smoothing down his jacket and going to sit down on the couch.
Daniel's match with Randy was starting. That lightbulb in the back of my head just had to lit up at a time like this. I shook my head as I watched Randy walked down the ramp, a championship in each of his hands.
"I'll be right back," I said.
"Where ha going?" Dean whined, grabbing my arm."
"Someplace," I simply stated, wiggling myself free of his grasp. "I promise I'll stay in the building."
With that I took my leave and headed to the Divas locker room, the whole time I was hopping she was in there so that I didn't have to go on a wild goose chase. When I made it to the door, I opened it up and peeked inside. Her head snapped in my direction and she scrunched her face up at me.
"Just the person I wanted to see."

"Chelsea?"
"Yes?" I replied to Dean.
"You've been grinning forever. What's up?"
I wiped off my smile and massaged my sore cheeks. "Oh, nothing," I said, hugging Dean's arm. "Just thinking happy thoughts." About my revenge. I was able to get back at Kane Friday, but now it was Dean's turn.
Dean glanced up at the clock above the catering table and them up at the flat screen TV. "It's almost time for us to go out," he mumbled, popping a strawberry into his mouth.
"Go out for what?" I asked innocently as I rolled my water bottle back and forth across my side of the table.
He shook his head. "Don't worry about it." Oh yeah, I was definitely going through with this plan.
"Hey, Dean?"
"Yeah?"
"Since you're kinda going through something right now, I thought I could take your mind off it by setting you up on a blind date."
Dean accidentally sucked in a strawberry without chewing and started choking.
"Oh my gosh!" I gasped, standing up to help, but he waved me away and took a sip from his water bottle.
"I'm fine," he croaked.
"Was that not a good idea?" I asked after he gained his composure.
"No, not at all. Um, thanks, that was really thoughtful of you," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "When's the date?"
"This Saturday," I replied. "But I'm still trying to find a romantic place in Houston for you guys."
He nodded. "Well thanks."
I smiled. "No problem."
"Dean!"
Dean whipped his head around to the catering room doorway where Seth and Roman stood, looking around the room.
"Over here!" Dean called out, waving his hand in the air.
The guys locked their eyes on our table.
"We need to go," Roman said.
"Gotta go," Dean stated, rising to her feet and jogging over to the guys.
I shook my head as they disappeared. I huffed and threw my half drunken water bottle in the trash can. I walked over to the guerrilla where I spotted Kane fixing his tie. He spotted me and drew a tight smile across his lips.
"Why are you going out to the ring?" I asked suspiciously.
"Business," he bluntly replied.
I sniffed, before collapsing onto a chair opposite the TV. Boom! Kane walked out onto the stage.
"Corporate Kane told us earlier tonight that he and The Shield were given a mission by The Authority," Cole explained.
Kane walked down the ramp towards the ring. I couldn't stop glancing at the scar on his cheek. It just overtook his whole face.
"What mission do you think this is?" Jerry asked.
It involves you, Jerry, I mentally answered.
"I don't know but I'm sure WWE fans were waiting on the subject on Twitter by using #corporatekane," Cole said. "It has something to do with Daniel Bryan. I mean Daniel Bryan starring everywhere tonight causing maybe a little rift in the relationship with Triple H and Stephanie."
"He has stirred up a hornet's nest," Jerry stated.
"Daniel Bryan is the root of all evil around here," JBL declared making me roll my eyes. "It's all his fault."
"As Director of Operations," Kane started to say, "it is my responsibility to execute the vision of The Authority. This ring is a place for action but there are some actions that do not have a place in this ring like last week's Occupy Raw stunt orchestrated by Daniel Bryan. It was dangerous, inappropriate, and violated numerous safety codes put in place for the protection of you, our audience. So on behalf of The Authority, I have conducted a thorough investigation into last week debacle. And I have concluded that Daniel Bryan could not have pulled off the stunt alone. One man made it possible. This man is a native of Memphis, Tennessee and used his hometown connections to allow members of the Yes Movement to join Daniel Bryan in and around the ring. For that, we will now take action, the kind of action that does have a place in this ring. So, if you would join me here in the ring, Jerry 'The King' Lawler."
"I knew it," JBL said.
You didn't know anything. Jerry shook his head, but remained in his seat.
"You know, I was afraid you were going to pull something like this," Kane stated.
Sierra
Hotel
India
Echo
Lima
Delta
The Shield!
"Good luck King," JBL said.
"What is this about?" Jerry asked.
"What do you think King?"
"Well, this apparently is the mission that The Authority put Kane on tonight and The Shield," Cole informed.
My hands started to shake as Jerry looked at the crowd where the guys were walking through.
"So, because of what happened last week with Occupy Raw was in my hometown he's blaming me?" Jerry questioned.
"Not so proud of yourself now are you, King?" JBL asked.
I just wanted to attack JBL. He is such a bandwagon jumper. Seth shook his head before jumping over the barricade followed by Dean and Roman. The guys menacingly approached the commentary table, eyes locked on Jerry.
"This is really uncomfortable," Cole mumbled as he stood up, probably thinking about making a run for it while Jerry cowered in his seat. Seth and Dean stood on either side of him while Roman stood on the opposite side of the table.
"Get in the ring!" Dean shouted.
Seth snatched the seat out from under Jerry while he took his headset off.
"Get in the ring, King," Dean sneered. "You listen to Kane."
Excuse me?! I dramatically fell out of my seat and laid on the floor. This was slowly killing me. Kane was grinning like the idiot he was. Jerry made his way to the ring, Dean literally right on his heels. He kept nervously glancing back at the three men dressed in black. Everyone climbed into the ring and The Shield backed Jerry into a corner. Kane started to remove his suit jacket and undo his tie. I so wanted to go out there, but wouldn't that be going against The Authority? And wouldn't I be joining them right after this train wreck ended? I groaned.
"I'm not a fan of this either," the music crew director murmured under his breath as he shook his head.
"Now," Kane said. "We've known each other. We have known each other for a long time, Jerry. And we both know that you're not exactly in fighting shape so I'm not going to enjoy doing what I have to do." He smirked. "Well, maybe a little."
My heart catapulted into my throat, this was too much. What did Kane have against Jerry, anyways?
"But I guess I should ask you if there's anything that you like to say for yourself."
Jerry glanced toward the stage, probably hopping someone would run down the ramp and save him. Seth brought a mic to his lips.
"Jerry," he said. "I see that look in your eyes. But I have a good feeling Daniel Bryan's not coming to save you. Because The Shield always does what's best for business."
I couldn't take it anymore. I picked myself off the floor and stomped to the Divas locker room. It was surprisingly empty with only the turned off TV and duffel bags scattered about the floor to keep me company. I went over to my locker and fished out my phone from the front pocket of my bag. I had a new text message.
Hey, how's work. I haven't talked to you in a week. -Mom
I gasped. I haven't spoken to my mom in a week. My thumbs started to dance furiously across the screen.
Hey, Mom. Sorry for not texting you, I've been busy. I hope I didn't worry you. Work's fine. I hope you've been watching Raw and SmackDown. How are the kids?
I looked around the room as I waited for my mom to respond. I nudged AJ's hot pink duffel bag with my foot before spotting a white folded up piece of paper peeking out of one of the pockets. I raised my eyebrows and reached over, grabbing it. I unfolded it and gaped. No. Way.
Dear Dean,
I've had a crush on you ever since our FCW days. I love your craziness and I really look forward to starting a future with you.
Love,
AJ
Wow, talk about deep. Grinning, I folded up the paper again and put it back in its place. My phone beeped. Of course I'm watching the shows and the kids are a handful as always -Mom. I giggled. That's good, I replied just as a knock on the door sounded. Gotta go.
"Hey," Dean greeted with a smile.
"Ugh." I pushed past him. I'm not sure where I was going, but I had to be as far from him as possible.
"I did something wrong," Dean said behind me. "What is it?"
I shook my head. "Nothing," I said bluntly. I pushed the doors that led to the parking lot open and let the chilly night air swallow me.
"Oh come on, Chels," Dean whined. "We just made up. I don't want you to be made at me already."
I pursed my lips, trying to keep my words short and sweet, because if I start talking, I'm not gonna stop. I just couldn't hold it in though.
"How could you do that?" I asked, spinning around to face him.
"Do what?" Dean questioned, cocking his head to the side in confusion.
"Don't give me that," I spat, pointing an angry finger in his face. "Why would you attack him?"
Dean frowned. "Wait, you're actually defending him?"
"Yes I am. He has done nothing to you and what you did out there was idiotic and unnecessary."
Dean rubbed his hands down the side of his face. "I'm not understanding this," he stated. "I mean he deserved every moment of that beat down and I thought you would agree."
"Thought?" I questioned, getting more angry and flustered by the second. "Thought?! Well you thought wrong. He is the sweetest man you could ever meet and I cannot believe you would do that to him."
I buried my face with my hands and sighed.
"Hey," Dean said gently, pulling my arms away. "We didn't mean to make you upset, but we just got tired of Kane." I lifted my head up in confusion. "I mean I know he's you're best friend and all, but-"
"Wait," I interrupted. "Kane?"
Dean nodded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Of course, what, you thought we actually laid a finger on Lawler? No way. You should've heard the mess that Kane was dishing out earlier tonight," he explained making me scratch the back of my neck. "Sorry for scaring you."
"No, it's fine," I replied. "I should get back inside. I have things to take care of."
Dean nodded in understanding before walking back inside with me. "I'll be in our locker room if you need me," he said as he walked me to the Divas locker room door.
"Alright," I said as I waved him off and walked inside.
I switched my WWE sweatshirt to a Jerry "The King" Lawler shirt and kicked off my Uggs, slipping on some black knee length Converse boots. I took my hair out of its bun and fluffed it up a little before turning on the TV.