Shortlist [Finalists]

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Fernandez smiled sadly and said, 'She has an amazing talent for craft but the girl is unfortunately blind. '

'When I do craft , I can imagine things in the world, ' she says with enthusiasm.

And suddenly Michael began to acknowledge the world around him, the colours around him.

He looked at the girl who had brought about this sudden change in him and said, 'How can someone who has the ability to make someone appreciate colours be truely blind? '

And at that time, he knew that he would love to have her as his daughter.

**********

3. VELLIGal

#celebratingholiwithbsc #colorbrave #prompt1 #greyxwhite

His life was just variations of grey and some strokes of white. He never knew what blue colour was like but according to his mother it looked the best on him. He wished he could see that colour too when his mother would smile so big outside the trial rooms. Though he had long accepted his monochromacy yet those fleeting thoughts would appear occasionally. Holi was one of those occassions.

Like every year he thought that he would be monotonously sitting on the verandah savouring gujias. What he didn't expect was his ever so lively neighbour to lean on the railing of her blacony while sipping on her thandai. Sans colour. Sans company.

They never talked but she was always the talk of the town. So out of the 300 residents of his society she would be the last person he'd expect to be in solitude at this time. She was also the last person he would expect to have a chat with.

"Blue looks good on you."

"Err... Thanks?"

And let's say that was how she managed to drag him to the society compound to enjoy the festival of colours, his cheeks tinted with a darker shade of grey.

***********

4. sonali112

#celebratingholiwithbsc #prompt5
#colorbrave #Red

She looked into the mirror while applying sindoor and blushed hard. A newly wed she was, had been more with her in-laws than her husband due to trips. But this didn't lesson her happiness to welcome the one person she was tied to, for the rest of the life, by that green color adorning her head.

For people like us, it's the holy red color that decorates a bride's hair, but the colorblind Isha, who couldn't differentiate red and green, had same significance of both. She wasn't the same always. She could see all colors until 13, but it seemed like with her mother's demise,the colors too faded from her life.
Not permanently though.

Turning, she left for the hall, not noticing the muffled laughs of Monu,
who couldn't wait to have fun with his Chachi on this Holi.

"Yeh kya apshagun hai?" Her MIL thundered shocking Isha. "Sindoor ki jagah kya harwa lagaya hai?"

Isha could've sweared that she took correct jar of sindoor, if only her MIL heard her. Her silent prayer was answered when someone spoke, "Maa rang se kya pharak padhta h? All that matters is bonding relations by heart."

Ajay smiled as he touched his parents feets, "Happy holi Maa Papa! Aur Monu, holi shuru hote hi shararat?", he twisted Monu's ear.

"Bura naa maano, holi hai!" Monu ran off shouting.

Turning to Isha, he took some red color and applying above her hairline, he smiled,"Happy 'our first Holi' ", and that moment she could see all the colors smeared in his kurti including red, the symbolic of love.