She knew that he would be a good father by the way that he looked after Cirilla. He cared for her more than anything in the world. He would destroy the Continent for her and everyone knew it. She remembered the time a young man tried to court Cirilla and Geralt almost slaughtered him on the spot. The princess was more than capable of handling herself but Geralt needed people to know that he would always look after her.

It made her want her own children with him. It was hard not to. She wanted him to seep into every aspect of her life and leave her with something when he left. But it was selfish of her. There was no way for her to have a child and for it not to be selfish. She wanted one because it would remind her of Geralt. She'd want it to have his yellow eyes. It would not be fair to have a child in their world. She knew that but there was always a tug at her heart at the thought of having one.

*

People stared at her in town. She was the one with the Witcher. In spite of everything that had happened in Sodden, the residents were still wary of outsiders, the magical ones even more so. They all looked at her as if she had betrayed mankind for being with the Butcher of Blaviken.

She didn't care. It would have been different if she knew these people and if Geralt was a terrible person but neither was the case. Their opinions were not her concern. The focus of her concern, however, was the welfare of those she cared about. She knew that the black, viscous potion Geralt used was running low.

She got to know Triss. She learnt from the mage the composition of Geralt's tincture. The mage promised to do the magic part as long as she provided all of the ingredients for it. That became her mission. She spent many a day collecting herbs, berries and other ingredients. All of the excesses were sold at the market which became rather lucrative. It was enough to pay for her lodging and food along with Cirilla's. Jaskier, however, insisted that he paid for his own. She did not mind as it meant that she was able to save more money for a little cottage.

She wanted to have her own little part of the world again. A place where she could shut out reality and just exist. It would be peaceful again. She needed to have a place to go home to again. She traded one comfort for another when she left with Geralt.

Despite how long she looked, she was not able to get the blood from a sparrow for the tincture. It was the last ingredient needed to complete the potion. She wanted to make enough that Geralt would not need to worry about it once he got back. She understood how vital it was to him. How the potion helped hone his senses. She knew that it was very effective as they once fucked when he was still under the effects of the potion.

She had to clench her legs at the reminder of her escapades with Geralt. She missed him deeply and tried to refocus her mind onto something other than the feeling on his body on top of hers. She stumbled further into the forest surrounding Sodden with a stick in hand. She hit at the shrubs in the hopes that she could find a fairly fresh sparrow and extract some of its blood to no avail.

Vultures ate and picked at all of the animals in that forest and there was no way for her to truly source any of it. She made it her mission to try and find a way for her to get some. She had no way of hitting the birds but even if she did, she did not know how to shoot a bow.

*

When she returned to the inn, she had a basket full of herbs and berries. She would sell them in the morning and hope that someone was selling swallow blood. It would make her life a lot easier but it was a problem for the day after.

She had dinner with Triss. She liked the mage. 'You're not like any of the other mages I've met before.' She puts her hand over mouth and then pops some bread in her mouth. Triss smiles back at her. It's warm and comforting.