=CHAPTER 14: BIRTHDAYS & BREAK INS=

Reggie and Vanessa sat in the lounge, telling each other jokes and sharing small kisses.

"I know your birthday is coming up this weekend," Reggie whispered. "Maybe you want to have a party?"

Vanessa shook her head, "You know I don't even like to celebrate my birthday. Besides, I'd have fun if it were just you and me," She smiled and he pecked her lips. Veronica caught the couple's attention when she walked in with Archie.

"Hey, lovebirds. My dad offered a weekend up at our family's lake house, what do you say?" She asked both Reggie and Vanessa, and Jughead and Betty. Vanessa and Reggie looked at each other before Veronica continued, "Fair warning. Our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breath-taking views of the mountains, the water. . ."

"Oh, my God. That sounds heavenly, V," Vanessa told her and looked to Reggie.

"We'll be there," Reggie answered for her and himself.

"What do you say, Jug?" Betty asked Jughead. "Can you bear it?"

"As long as it's cool with your dad," Jughead said to Veronica.

"Mr. Lodge actually suggested it," Archie told Jughead.

"Well, then, cue the dueling banjos," Jughead joked. "What? And it'll also be a good chance for me to work on my novel."

"Excellent!" Veronica exclaimed. "But remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug."

Cheryl walked in from the hall, "'Luxury' and 'weekend', two of my favorite words. So, where are we going, and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?"

"Sorry, Cheryl. It's kind of a romantic, couples-only weekend," Veronica told the Blossom girl.

"I see," She said. "Of course. My mistake. Well, have fun with your romances," Cheryl then walked back into the hallway, turning the corner.

=+=+=+=

At the end of the week on Friday, Reggie was trying to convince Vanessa to tell the others her birthday was tomorrow.

"Reggie, please stop trying to convince me," Vanessa begged.

"They're your friends, shouldn't they know?" Reggie asked. Vanessa closed her small suitcase and zipped it up.

"If I want them to know, I'll tell them. Now, would you be a lamb and carry this to the car? Veronica's waiting," Vanessa asked and Reggie rolled his eyes before heading out to the car. Vanessa grabbed her bag of toiletries and followed after Reggie to the car.

Reggie and Vanessa were in the very back of the car, Vanessa sleeping on his shoulder. After the long ride Reggie nudged her awake.

"Hey, gorgeous," He greeted when her eyes opened. "We're here," With that, Vanessa sprung out of the car, admiring the view of the water.

"Oh, my God. Veronica, this place is beautiful," Vanessa told her friend.

"Wait until you see the inside," She said linking arms with the girl, who linked arms with Betty as the boys grabbed the luggage.

"Oh, my god," Betty giggled.

"If this is rustic, then what is my house?" Vanessa gaped at the interior.

"Welcome to what I humbly like to call, 'Lodge Lodge'," Veronica told the group. Jughead's phone began to ring and he stepped outside to answer. Veronica began to assign rooms, "Archie and myself will be the first room, Reggie and Vanessa the second, and last, but not least, Betty and Jughead the third room. Now go get unpacking."