Revelations Really Do Suck!

Start from the beginning

“I researched vampire birth and that popped up making me think of you.”

“How do you know they are going to be vampiric children exactly?” I was slightly skeptical at the moment, more because I didn’t want it to be true. I didn’t want to never see my baby again after she is born.

“It said so.” She scowled knowing my thought process almost as well as I did myself.

“But I’ve not walked the earth for millennia! I’m only eighteen!” Even as I said it I realised that it might not necessarily mean me in this form.

“You’ve been reincarnated more times than you can count and you look like you’ve almost finished your pregnancy rather than just three months into it.”

“My child can’t be that prophesy-”

“Why not Rose?” Riley snapped and my eyes turned red and my teeth elongated.

“Because then I’ll lose her before I even have her!” I hissed and just saying that was almost my undoing. “I won’t get to see my own baby grow up, won’t be able to protect her.” The tears were now streaming down my face and I didn’t want to stop them.

“They say that the mother is bound to the child by a life force so that they can know if the other is injured or sad but you can also find out if it is one of the Elite Four Vampires to be born and if so which one they are. Just search inside yourself and you’ll find out.” Was this meant to be comforting? Nevertheless I tried it.

I closed my eyes and thought of my beautiful baby, laughing, smiling, growing up with me and the father by the baby’s side when an image of a little baby girl popped into my head with my smile and blazing red hair that shone like flames dancing in the fireplace. I knew immediately that the image I was looking at was the sleeping future image of my baby. She was an Elite vampire with the most unstable of the elements.

My eyes shot open and without a doubt I knew what Riley had said was true and the prophesy was also becoming true, which meant I was going to have my baby girl taken away from me just as I got to know her. She’d never know her parents or her family. “It’s a girl and she controls fire.” Amber... whispered through my head and seemed to stick to the picture of the baby like a name tag and I knew no other normal name would fit my baby. Not now. “Her name is going to be Amber.”

Standing up from the bed I walked over to the door and peered out to see an empty corridor. “The coast is clear if you’re ready?” I asked, not wanting to discuss the topic that would ruin me and crush Amber’s father.

“Never been more ready.” I looked at the banister a few yards in front of me and decided that it was the quickest and easiest way down so I went for it. I jumped over the banister and was flying down the middle of the winding staircase with Riley just slightly to the side of me. I noticed all the different floors going down and didn’t even think about the landing aspect of the jump, I just bent my knees to take the brunt of the impact and ended up landing lighter than a cat on a carpet.

The door was only a few inches away when I heard clapping coming from the shadowed bottom staircase behind us. We took a step back towards the door just as Darren and Blaine took a step out from the shadows, with looks of anger and blazing hatred on their faces. “I needed to check out my suspicions and found them to be true.” Darren spat and took another step towards me, making Riley step forwards, slightly in front of me and hiss at him, “what? About this?” Her eyes burned red and her teeth shot out, startling Blaine slightly but Darren looked unmoved, staring into my eyes and then looking to see if he could see my teeth.

I let my eyes turn red and slowly let my fangs drop for effect. “You looking for these qualities in your fated mate Darren?” I laughed and the sound echoed through the halls like a cynical voice over, making both Riley and Blaine stop to look at me in shock. In fact I got the distinct impression that everyone in the house had heard that and stopped breathing just to listen. “So you didn’t tell your pack your fated female is a vampire? Who’s married? To two other guys? And PREGNANT!” I shouted and knew exactly what had set off my vampiric instincts this time.