Without thinking what he was doing, Draco pushed against the wall and went after her, trying to hold her steady. Hermione turned and slapped his hand away, making him flinch.

,,Civility doesn't suit you Malfoy" she threw at him mockingly.

A moment later she reached her room and closed the door shut, leaving Draco alone, looking more confused than ever.

Draco remained still for a full minute until his brain finally started sending signals to his muscles again. He slowly turned towards his own room, dragging his feet, feeling more baffled by the minute.

What was that all about? he thought.

As he reached the door to his room, he stopped to throw another look at the hallway that took to Hermione's room. Finally, after a moment, Draco shook his head and pushed the door open. When inside, he slid into one of the armchairs, head leaned back, and eyes closed. Mixed feelings of confusion and annoyance were battling inside him.

First, he was wondering what had gotten into Hermione, why had she acted the way she did. The state he'd just seen her in was no ordinary one and he was sure something happened but what? Had she been in a dangerous situation or simply exercised too much?

Another thing that was bothering him was the look she gave him. He could swear he saw that tiny shadow of hate behind everything else. Was it addressed to him? Did she indeed hate him, or did she simply hate the situation they were both in?

Dammit! Why so many questions?

His mind then showed him a scene that made his breath catch in his throat. The moment he leaned closer to her, trying to help her walk appeared in his mind just as uncalled for as the actual deed itself.

What the hell was I thinking? Nothing that's for sure. I must have been crazy thinking she would accept my help, especially after that snide remark.

Draco opened his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. His feelings of frustration slowly transformed into something else: confusion and worry. He stared at the fireplace, mind racing. Was he feeling concern about Hermione or was he simply confused?

Or perhaps I'm growing stark crazy due to boredom he snorted inwardly, pressing his hands against his eyes and forehead, trying to clear his mind.

***

Meanwhile, Hermione was pacing her room, thinking fervently, Crookshanks following her trail. She had hurried back feeling, knowing in her gut someone was following her. But who was it and why?

She kept trying to run by every possible idea, but her mind stubbornly kept showing Draco Malfoy, first sneering like a prat, then trying to help her. She huffed, stopping dead in her pacing, making Crookshanks bump into her leg.

What is he playing at? First laughs at me like a git, then he comes to my rescue. Has he gone mad?

Hermione shook her head and tried to ignore any idea relating Draco and his strange behavior, but for some annoying reason she couldn't. She was sure that for a short instant she saw real concern in his eyes and felt his actions to be sincere. Not used to Draco Malfoy being nice, she had acted brashly and pushed him away, but she felt slightly guilty about it now. What if he meant it? Doesn't he deserve a chance to show his sincerity without being grilled for it?

Hermione was starting to feel tired. She let out a loud sigh and bent down to pet Crookshanks, who was pressing against her legs, purring.

I should really stop thinking about it. It's not even important right now, why Malfoy decided to act like that. It was probably just a whim.

***

Half an hour later, Draco heard Hermione leave again, this time through the door. He clearly heard the door opening and closing; therefore, he had no doubt about it.

Where the bloody hell is she going?

He looked at the watch and frowned. She'd never gone out that late and he hadn't heard her at his door. Brows furrowed, Draco opened his door and peered outside. Right in front of his door there was a tray with his treatment potions and a glass of something that looked like orange juice. Draco grimaced. He had never liked orange juice. He remembered how his mother always tried to make him drink it and he always fought her over it.

,,It's too sour, mum" he told his mother, grimacing at the sight of the orange liquid.

,,But it's healthy Draco" she said with a smile, pushing the glass towards him.

,,I'd rather drink any kind of slimy, gross potion than having to drink THAT", he said angrily, pointing at the glass.

Draco shook his head, making the memories fade from his mind. Looking through the hallway and into the common room, he realized he was alone again. Hermione had indeed left.

He went back, picking up the tray and placing it on the small table in front of the fireplace. With one gulp he took the first potion. It tasted foul, like something bitter that met sour along the way. The second potion wasn't any better, but at least it was more bearable. After finishing with them, Draco eyes the glass with the orange juice as if it was poison. He wasn't sure what to do with it. Drink it or throw it into the fire?

He took a moment, before he finally decided to get it over with quickly. He grabbed the glass and took it just like the first potion, in one swift gulp, clicking his tongue in disgust at the end.

,,Yuck" he said, whipping his mouth with the back of his hand.

No sooner had he said it, that he felt an interestingly nice taste in his mouth. He was surprised to realize that the juice actually tasted better after the two horrible potions he just took. It cleared his mouth and tasted almost sweet in comparison.

Bloody know-it-all he thought grudgingly, placing the glass back on the table. Where the heck did she go again? She's never gone out like this in a whole month.

He gasped, realizing what he just said, the thought making him scowl at the empty glass. He was thinking of her, almost worrying over her, like he cared.

But I don't. I don't give a damn about what happens with her he told himself.

Then, the image of Hermione kneeling on the floor, gasping for air flashed in his mind, making Draco groan loudly.

,,Damn it all!" he shouted, clenching his fists. ,, I always thought she was annoying, how she always put herself in all those situations back in school, but living with the woman proves to be far more annoying than anything she's done while at Hogwarts.

Draco tried hard to convince himself it's nothing he should concern himself with, that it's Hermione's business, but soon his curiosity and an acute feeling of boredom, got the better of him. He grabbed his wand and without thinking much about what he was about to do, in two seconds he was out of the flat as well.

Even after all his pondering and hesitation he still managed to catch up with her. Draco soon spotted her walking along the street, a few feet in front of him.

Of course, she's walking. She's bloody Hermione Granger and she has nothing to worry about.

The fact that he was now outside, walking on a street full of people, shook him to the core. He suddenly remembered, rather grudgingly, how difficult has been for him to show his face in public after the war, how people pointed at him, the looks they gave him, how they avoided him.

Trying hard not to go down that trail of thought, Draco clenched his fists hard and ignored everything else except for Hermione's back. She just reached an intersection and turned right on a small, clustered street, where she disappeared into a building. Draco reached the stop soon after and looked up.

,,Leaky Cauldron" he read, his eyes widening in surprise.

What did you think about their interaction so far? Next chapter is still about Hermione and Draco, with a bit of Dramione tease ^~

Thank you all for following this story. Please make sure to vote and comment to let me know your thoughts.