Soulmates

//in which rumors of Mitsuba arise and he goes missing. Last part of the first chapter basically. I'll write more aus though. Suggest some maybe?

It was kind of surreal how this feeling was mutual, but all very new. The two boys were only fourteen and all. Kou wanted to kiss Sousuke back too. He was up till nearly 2 am just sitting there staring at the blog that Mitsuba had online. He wondered if his crush would ever want to take a picture of him or maybe with him. He sighed and turned off his phone. He tossed and turned before he finally fell asleep nearly an hour later.

Everything seemed normal until Kou noticed Sousuke wasn't in class. He was worried and texted him, yet throughout the day there was no reply. Days turned into a whole week. He called over and over yet no reply. There were rumors that Mitsuba was in an accident. There were rumors he transferred. Worst of all there were rumors that he was dead. Kou couldn't stand it and had enough of this.

He ended up running to Mitsuba's house after school, only to see firsthand see what had happened. His crush was in a hospital gown still as his mother maybe, helped him inside. Mitsuba glanced back at Kou and looked startled. He looked scared and like he was about to cry. Kou wanted to give him space, but just couldn't. He needed to know what happened after they kissed the other day.

He mustered all of his courage to knock on the door as his mother came to the door a second later. "Hello- I'm Sousuke's friend and classmate. I thought that I'd bring him the homework and notes he missed." He said forcing a smile. "Thank you. By any chance are you Kou?" The woman said looking kind of excited. "I am.. me and Sousuke are best friends." He said without any hesitation. "Would you like to see him? He's really down right now. I'm sure he'd love to see you." She said stepping aside. Kou walked in and looked around.

"His room is the first on the second floor." She said pointing. Kou ran up the stairs and knocked before opening the door. "Sou..? I'm coming in." He said opening the door to see him crying. Mitsuba covered his face and looked away. "Kou..? What are you doing here?" He said as his voice was still a bit shaky. "I came because I was worried about you. I was scared.." he said observing his room and smiling a bit when he saw the photos everywhere. There were a few of Kou and for some reason that melted his heart.

"I- I just got in an accident is all. I guess.. and only because you're someone important to me, I'll tell you." He said looking back at Kou. "You can sit down you weirdo, just don't get any ideas." Sousuke said sitting up and scooting over as Kou sat next to him. The blonde could tell he was distraught. "I.. I almost died Kou. I was taking photos and when I came back to cross the street I got hit.." he said sighing and wincing a bit as he remembered it.

Kou reached for his hand, but ended up hugging him carefully. His usually flawless face had been scraped and bruised. The closer Kou got, the more he noticed. "I'm sorry Sou.. I was so worried about you, I thought I was going to die of anxiousness. They were saying you were dead and.. and.. I was starting to believe it." Kou said starting to tear up as Mitsuba slowly started to hug him back.

"Kou.. I'm sorry I worried you." He said starting to cry. It was so scary! I'm sorry I couldn't call you back!" the pink haired teen said crying into his best friend's chest. That's when Kou noticed the huge scar and all the stitches on his neck. He took a deep breath and wanted to be strong for the guy he was falling in love with. "It's okay now.. I'm here. You know what Sousuke, I'm going to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. You're too important to me. If you disappeared, I think I'd have to disappear too." He whispered and refused to let go of him.

"Why..? Kou.. why do you care so much about me? I'm not special. I could barely even make one friend this whole time. I'm sure it's embarrassing to hang out with such an outcast.. A rude, girly, camera geek.." he said as he stopped crying and looked up at him. "Sousuke.. that's all apart of why I like you.. I mean, if I'm being honest, I think I've been in love with you since first year.." he said smiling as the smaller teen started to cry.

"You're an idiot! You're so reckless and your stupid smile is too damn perfect and your lame ass earring is stupid, but it's so you.. and you should watch what you say you damn weirdo, you shouldn't love me.. even if it's mutual and all. You're only going to get hurt Kou. I don't want to hurt the most special person on the world to me.." he said sighing although Mitsuba was happy and sad all at once.

"What's that supposed to mean Sou? If it's mutual then what's the problem?" Kou said now holding one of his hands. The other hand looked pretty badly injured. "You know about those school wonders or whatever?" Sousuke said looking away from him. "Well yeah.. I'm an exorcist." The blonde said confused. "I went to the four o clock library and read ahead in my book, which is bad Kou." Mitsuba said looking back at him.

"I don't think I'm going to live very long.."

"What do you mean?"

"I was supposed to die a week ago Kou."

"Don't say that Sousuke! You're alive right? Then just let me protect you. Nothing is going to happen." Mitsuba hadn't lied in a long time, but in that moment he had to, so he could spare the guy he had fallen for's feelings. "I'll let you.." he said crying again. Even if this couldn't be forever, Mitsuba wanted so desperately to cling onto this feeling.

"Kou Minamoto I'll love you back okay? Till the day I die I will.." Sousuke said smiling sweetly as Kou couldn't take this. He leaned in and kissed him so he'd stop talking about this.

All in all, Kou didn't end up leaving that night and Sousuke was more then happy to be his for however long he could.

//END
but um more aus to go and lowkey already wrote this might as well post for the five people who read it c':