Harry got through half of his eggplant linguine before (Y/N) had enough of it.

"Baby? Are you okay?" she asked softly, barely heard over the soft jazz music playing through the restaurant. Harry just hummed a confirmation and nodded his head without making eye contact. He heard her sigh from across the table and could just imagine the roll of her eyes. "Harry, I'm serious. What happened? If you want to go home, we can."

"'S nothing, (Y/N). 'M jus' tired," he lied, hoping she would take that as an answer. He could tell she was getting fed up as she rarely used his name these days, always opting for a pet name instead. He heard her mumble an alright before they fell back into silence.

The rest of the dinner went by without a peep from either party, (Y/N) only speaking when saying goodbye to her friend once more before leaving the restaurant. Once in the safety of her car, (Y/N) tried again, trying to prompt any kind of response from Harry.

"Do you want me to take you home or do you want to spend the night with me?" she had asked, speaking over the music of The 1975 (another one she had introduced to Harry).

"I want to go home, please," he mumbled back, messing with the glittering nail polish on his fingers. He heard her let out a sad sigh and his heart squeezed at the sound. He never, ever, ever wanted to make her unhappy. Sometimes Harry forgot that she felt this—their connection—just as deeply as he did, and the same things she could do that would break his heart, goes both ways. He hesitantly reached his hand out towards her's, hoping she would allow him the privilege to entwine their fingers, although he knew he didn't deserve it. Luckily, (Y/N) took pity on him and removed one hand from the steering wheel and placed it in his.

Just minutes away from the trail that would take Harry back to his cottage, (Y/N) pressed again for any kind of answer from him. "Will you please tell me what's wrong? At least let me know if it was something I did. I can't stand feeling so far away from you."

He could hear the slight waver that entered her voice towards the end, further cracking his heart. "It wasn't you. 'M jus' being silly," Harry brushed off, not sure how to verbalize how he felt yet.

"If it's upset you this much, it's not silly, H," she countered, briefly releasing his hand to put the car in park. Harry peered out the window, following the trail up the side of his mountain with his eyes. He shrugged his shoulders in response, unsure what to say next. "Will you look at me? I want to see your colors."

This was something they had began to do quite often. If they wanted to check in with one another, they would ask to see the other's aura—or colors as (Y/N) affectionately calls them. Harry followed her wishes, finally looking into her eyes and allowing her to see his emotions. Doing so, Harry got a peek at her's; the rays radiating off of her a deep, melancholic blue lined with purple showing how upset and confused she was. Harry knew his was probably a mix of greens and blues for his jealousy and following sadness. He watched her eyes take in the color surrounding him before glancing back at his face with wide, sad eyes.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I just don't think I can go home knowing how upset you are," she whispered. She finally broke eye contact, looking out towards the windshield and up Harry's mountain. Harry quickly nodded his head offering her a mumbled yes. A small relieved smile graced (Y/N)'s face, mending Harry's broken heart in the smallest way.

The trip up the mountain was made in silence, Harry moving obstacles out of her way as he usually did. (Y/N) kept a tight grip on Harry's hand, not allowing him to get far from her. Once in the clearing, Harry tottered around for a moment, checking in on Dande who was asleep on his bed, placing her dinner of a mushroom salad out on the floor for whenever she was ready. He knew Bonnie was most likely not around as nighttime was her most active period, but it didn't stop him from busying himself with the redundant task of fluffing up the large cat bed (Y/N) had bought for her on the front porch. (Y/N) herself had wandered off to the edge of the creek, hanging her feet in as she watched the moon above her. It was bright and full, reminiscent of when they had aligned. Harry joined her with his legs criss-crossed beneath him and his chin in his palm.