Part 1 of 4

***

***

"Are you sure this would work?"

"Positive, and at a hundred percent!"

"You gotta be right about that. Look at them! Look at her!"

Nico glanced around her and noticed all of your friends cheering for you. She, then, looked at you and noticed how confident you were. And not even a hint of panic or nervousness!

And how could they blame you? No man has ever beaten you in a race. Ever.

And what started all of this?

It all started way back in middle school. You could still remember this boy named Nero Sparda coming to Red Grave as an exchange student from Fortuna and how he turned your quiet and peaceful life upside down. You see, he has been your biggest crush since that day he protected you from those bullies, those mean girls who did nothing but make themselves pretty while the rest of the class struggled to pass the exams. He even gave them a stern warning that, if they bothered you again, he would call his Demon father and uncle to throw them out of Red Grave and scare the living shit out of them. Of course, none of them believed this tale by young Nero. He was, in fact, considered a weirdo by almost everyone ( except you, that is ) for always spouting nonsense regarding his so - called demonic family. But then, one day, his father and uncle did come to school for the annual Sports Festival, and, to make the frightening story short and sweet, nobody dared to bother you again.

You and Nero were good friends since then. You might even say you were childhood sweethearts. You helped each other with studies, and you even shared lunch ( Nero loved your mother's home - cooked meals so much because he never really knew his own mom, and no one bothered to cook for him because his father and uncle would just order food for him ). He visited you often, and you did it for him, as well ( he lived in his uncle's very dirty shop with a huge neon sign outside the door that says Devil May Cry on it ).

For a while, your life was perfect. You liked Nero, and he liked you, too.

But, then, one day, he told you, in a very heartbreaking voice, that he had to go back to Fortuna to take care of some things. He didn't even tell you when he'll be back.

And so, just like that, he, along with his uncle and father who always bickered, left.

And that was five years ago.

Now, you were about to graduate from college. At first, you and Nero exchanged letters and emails, until it all stopped a year ago, and you didn't even know why. You tried to reach him, to contact him but, for some reason, you can't.