chapter seven (re-write)

Start from the beginning

Marcos nodded deeply—soaking up the advice from his best friends seriously.

"I know the person who does Alicia Kent's weave." I added with a serious nod.

Robin fixes her brown gaze onto me with surprise, "You do?" She shrieks so loudly that it probably should've shattered my ear drums, "How the hell did you manage to get that from her? I've gone years trying to get her to tell me!" She hisses looking downright offended.

"Alicia has an amazing weave. Seriously, you could lynch someone with it." Marcos complimented with a nod.

I shot him a mortified look, "Marcos!"

"It's true." Robin grumbled looking grumpy now before snappily demanding, "Rosie, tell me how you know!" The sheer need to know who did Alicia Kent's hair was going to kill her. I could tell.

Since I wasn't one to deprive such information from my best friend, I answered calmly, "The reason why I know is because Alicia Kent doesn't like you, Robin."

Robin's jaw drops open as if shell shocked from such revelation. Marcos snorts and adds in his two cents, "Alicia Kent might have an amazing weave but no one can stand that bitch. You know, I heard her own parents rented her an apartment just to get her away from them. She's that bad." Of course, that was rumored. Alicia Kent was actually super private and her parents adored her. I would know since I used to tutor Alicia a few months prior for the finals. She was a bitch at first but she warmed up when she found out that I wasn't some two-faced back-stabber.

I rolled my eyes at Marcos and remarked dryly, "I thought you didn't listen to gossip."

Marcos smirked, "I do listen. I don't like gossip but doesn't mean I can't listen. I have blackmail material for a lot of people." He says with a smirk.

Same could be said for me and Robin. It was one of our talents—blending into a crowd. We could stand out if we wanted to or not. I excelled in such talents. I also happen to befriend most of the people who spoke to me. I never spoke first because I was shy but once someone started talking to me, we'd hit it off and we were friends. It was weird how easy people will tell you about themselves if they see that you're a sincere person.

I know a lot of people and know a lot of stuff about them that they don't even tell their friends. Of course, I'd never sell anyone out because that would be totally wrong.

"Alicia Kent...I can't believe she doesn't like me." Robin grumbled looking sullen.

"She doesn't like anyone." Marcos reminded in a sing-song voice.

"Not even her dog!" Robin blurted out trying and failing to insult Alicia Kent and her super smooth weave.

I just rolled my eyes, "She doesn't even have a dog."

Marcos and Robin paused their ranting to look at me in dead silence. "How do you know that?" Robin asked in eerie tone.

"You'd only know that if..." Marcos trailed off with narrowed eyes.

Robin and Marcos gasped in unison as they figured it out, "That's that Alicia you tutored before finals!?" Marcos yelled making me cringe.