11

I didn't have a lot of money so I hadn't really bought anything at the mall.

Sydney and I had ended up sitting in the trunk off her car with the door popped open. Eating donuts.

"Hey!" We heard someone yell.

We both looked over and saw the kid that I met at the soccer game.

He approaches the car and smiles at the both of us, "Skye, right?"

"Yeah. Hi Alex." I say.

"How are you, I haven't see you in a minute." He asks.

"I'm fine. Want a donut?" I grab the box and offer him one.

"Aha sure," He grabs a chocolate covered one and I pat the space in the trunk next to me. "Ah, nah I cant. I'm running late. I gotta go meet up with my mom."

"Aw that's sweet. I hope you have fun." I hop out of the trunk and hug him.

He smiles and then walks off.

"Mamas boy. You love that." Sydney says as he walks away.

"Oh hush."

She laughs and I climb back into the trunk of the car.

"Mh. Ok. Let's get some people together and let's go to the skating rink. Yes? No?" Sydney asks.

"We have no friends besides each other. Who in the hell would we invite?"

Sydney pauses, "Mattia..." she singsongy says.

"I fucking hate you. No. Can we like chill out for a moment. Like I'm down to go rollerskating but like there is no way in hell that I'm going roll-"

"To late. I already texted him to meet us there. And to bring friends." She interjects.

I sigh, "Fine. Let's go. Lemme change first. I'm not going to go there in sweats and a sweatshirt."

"No dip. You left like a shit ton of clothes at my house just wear those."

We get back in the car and Sydney drives us back to her house.

I change quickly into green and blue striped sweater that I got from my grandpa (when he died) and some jeans.

She drives us to the skating rink close to her house and we get some skates and wait for Mattia and his friends.

After like ten minutes of waiting Mattia shows up with his usual friend group, Wells included, and some girls.

"Hey Skye." Mattia says while hugging me. I hug him back.

I hear Syd and Wells sniggering behind me.

They can shove a stick up their asses.

Everyone quickly puts on their skates except Mattia. His dumbass can't do it.

"You did it wrong stupid." I sigh.

I bend down and fix them for him.

"Thanks. I think it's pretty obvious I've never been skating before."

"Really?" I ask, "I used to go skating all the time when I was younger. I stopped like two years ago though."

I stand up and move towards the rink. Mattia slowly gets up and stumbles but he steadies himself before he falls completely.

I laugh and he coughs to cover up his embarrassment, "Why'd you stop?" he asks me.

We start to slowly move towards the rink, "I moved in with my aunt and uncle two years ago, when I was fourteen, and I guess things changed a lot so I never really went anymore." I tell him.

We get in the rink and I start to skate with ease, Mattia doesn't do as well as I'm doing so I take his hands and skate backwards to make sure he doesn't fall.

He laughs a little, "I never asked either of you two, why did you move in with your aunt and uncle?"

I pause, "Um, I don't like to talk about it. Neither does Wells, I guess."

Mattia can sense my uneasiness and changes the topic, "God I thought I'd be better at this but here I am with you having to keep me steady."

I laugh, "It's all good. It's your first time skating so it's not like you'd be a professional."

I let go of one of his hands to make him take some independence. He trips up, "No. Don't move your feet like you're walking. It'll just trip you up. Do it like this," I show him and he copies, "See."

He does much better to where I let go of his hands.

I look over and see Syd ushering us over. We skate over, "We want to take photos for Instagram."

We all take poses for the pictures and choose the ones we want and send pictures to other people.

Syd pulls me aside and we take photos together and then she pushes me towards Mattia and we take photos together.

We all skate around for another hour or so.

"Where'd Wells and Syd go?" Mattia asks me.

I look around and notice I don't see either of them. "I don't know. We'll find them eventually."

"Skaters five minutes until open rink is closed. Please make your way to the exits and return any borrowed skates." The intercom announces.

I start to skate over to the exit when Mattia grabs my hand and calls out to one of his friends over.

"What?" I ask him.

"One more picture before we leave, please."

I smile at him and he hands his phone over to the friend.

We pose, "Ready? Three, two, one." The friend says.

When they say one Mattia pulls me in and kisses me.

Oh.

A/n

Sorry for not updating. I was in a depressive episode for a long ass time.

I'm back tho. I might update again today or tomorrow just to make up for lost time.

I apologize again for taking so long to update.

Anyways I hope you're all doing well.

Comment
Vote
Follow (please)

-Eve