More silence. The two of you walked down the hall to your room. He opened the door for you, shoving you inside. Before closing the door again, he looked you directly in the eye. You couldn't decide which emotions he hid behind them. "You'll find out soon enough."

He closed the door, and you just stood there, in your cold and darkroom once again.

Varian stood just outside the door, rubbing his eyes.

Without the other one knowing, both of you placed a longing hand on each side of the door.

Then Varian snapped out of it, fumbling with something in his pocket.

You heard him lock the door before he left.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Your first intention was to go to escape through your window. There was a long way down from your room, but if you tied some of your clothes together into a robe, maybe you could climb down from you window, Rapunzel-Style. But apparently Varian had locked your window too.

You sighed, placing your hand on the cold, see-through surface. You looked down at the dark sea, that was perfectly visible from your window - that had been something you had appreciated much in the past few months. When the problem with the rocks had stressed you out, you would sit in your large window, looking at it. You had always found it weirdly calming to look at. And you especially loved it at sunset. And there was a very specific reason for that.

-

"Come on, we can still make it!" You yelled back, as you ran down the graveled path surrounded by tall, green grass. The path you had run down so many times before, but this time it was different because this was the first time you brought him with you.

"I'm running as fast as I can!" Varian breathed behind you. The clear, blue sky was getting darker. You only had about two minutes. But there wasn't long again, you could definitely make it in time.

The two of you ran over the last sand dune, and now the sea was visible. The water extended from the left corner of your eye to the left, filling your whole vision. The sun was slowly disappearing on the horizon, making the water a beautiful shade of yellow, orange, and purple. It was truly the prettiest sight in the world.

You kicked your shoes off, running into the water so that it reached your ankles. Varian followed your actions.

"We made it in time!" You cheered, making an armlock with Varian.

Varian looked around, mouthing a 'wow'.

You turned your head to look at the boy. You wanted to see the sun reflecting in his blue eyes, but you found them closed. He just stood still, absorbing the sunlight. He has had a hard week, working on a new experiment of his in his dark lab, and it was clearly good for him to finally get some sunlight.

It was a perfect peaceful moment, that you shared with your best friend.

So, of course, you made it your duty to ruin it.

You bowed down, taking a handful of water in your hands, splashing it on him. It was surprisingly warm in your hands. He immediately opened his eyes, as the cool liquid hit his face. He looked confusedly at you, and your bust into laughter. He looked so damn stupid.

Soon his confused countenance turned into a sly smile, as he bowed down himself. "Oh, you're gonna wish you never did that (Y/n) (L/n):"

And then the water war began. Varian used his hands, and you began kicking the water, making it splash on him in big swarms - but this turned out to be a very bad idea as he grabbed your foot, pulling it towards it. You landed in the water, butt-first, and as you could feel your clothes getting soaked, you groaned in defeat.

Varian laughed his adorable laugh, offering you a hand. You took the chance, pulling him down with you.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, as he landed right beside you. His clothes were soaked now as well, so the two of you saw no point in sitting up.

"If I'm going down, you're going down with me." You laughed, punching his shoulder playfully. He giggled.

You looked at the sunset again. The sun was almost gone, making the shy around it completely pink.

You grinned. "See? I told you it was beautiful."

Varian cleared his throat. "Y-yeah. It really is."

Back then you didn't pick up that Varian wasn't really talking about the sunset, but your very reflection in the water.

-

You glipped your eyes at the sudden memory. You shook your head, and it was almost like you heard it.

A little click.

The little sound of you, making up your mind. You would do anything to see the sunset again. Just the sun in general. With Varian. Your Varian.

And you weren't going to wait any longer. You weren't going to pity yourself or play the victim, locked up in her own room anymore. You had to do something.

Right, the fuck now.

And you started to make a plan. A really thought through one. Now it was your time to shine. Varian had tricked you so many times, and now it was finally your turn.

You turned off the lights, making the room completely dark. It was a good thing if Varian thought you were asleep.

You found your way to your desk, sitting there with your head in your hands.

You needed a genius plan. A plan where you found Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra, (possibly setting them free from something if they were held captured), a plan where you found the potion that dissolved the rocks, making their black magic disappear from Corona, so the sun could finally rise again. A plan where you would sneak around and avoid any potential automatons or moon-dogs, and a plan where you would save Varian from whatever has taken over him.

A plan where you would succeed before Varian succeeded his. And a plan, where no one would get hurt in the process.

The last one was important to you. No more yeeting someone across the room.

You thought about it for a long time. Your mind worked surprisingly well right now - probably because so much was at stake.

You thought of many different scenarios, that could actually work really well, but you kept coming back to the same problem. How could you prevent anyone from noticing you were gone from your room?

There was only one solution: You needed to be in two places at the same time. But that was impossible.

You let out a frustrated sigh, but then your eyes lit up as you got an idea.

Unless...