for the first time they saw how jisung's smile could form into a heart.

"that's so cool!" jisung felt almost comforted by being with people who actually had minds.

"you have to be quiet about this-" changbin was cut short by a loud scream coming outside.

"fuck." felix swore and immediately ran up to shut off the lights.

chan quickly locked the doors, and minho shut the blinds.

one of these happen very often, at least one every night.

"don't take it away!" a girl pleaded, until there was a loud sound that silenced her.

everyone was quiet in the house.

every body.

it was scary.

they waited a few moments in silence until it felt right to talk again, minho cautiously still looking at the door while he took his spot next to jisung again.

"i don't like when that happens.." jisung whispered to minho, who looked away from the door and made eye contact.

"i know," he whispered back. "we don't like it either."

~~~
jisung had come to realize that the pills don't drain everything out of you.

they don't drain your personality completely- they just brainwashed you to agree with the government.

which was why students went against other students. that's why the students would snitch on each other.

the next day jisung had felt better, less alone.

he knew he couldn't express how he felt openly, so he contained himself through the day.

he sat at his desk, once again avoiding the pills and shoving them in his desk.

he sighed and rubbed his temples. although it was better- pretending was more stressful than he thought.

he just felt like letting all his energy out, talking, laughing- anything. but acting dull and dead killed him.

felix seemed to understand the struggle, because for a second when jisung looked up and saw felix, the blonde gave a thumbs up.

jisung smiled at him.

the day continued in slow waves, going painfully slow.

lunch came around the corner and jisung went to his locker to get his lunch- but something caught his attention.

he heard kids yelling from the other hall.

it was very easy to hear because the halls were empty and everyone was gone.

jisung couldn't fight the urge to see what was happening- so he followed the yelling and peeked his head in the hall.

he saw a boy being pushed and thrown- and three other boys doing it.

jisung looked and saw that the boy didn't have anything bad on him, he didn't have books, music or any art.

which meant that the three were just messing with him for fun.

the boy had slick lips, and dark black hair. he looked mad.

he looked like he wanted to fight back, but he knew he couldn't win against three.

his eyes look like they held poison in them, as he wiped under his nose to catch blood on his sleeve.

"what? pretty boy is getting angry?" one of the students laughed.

the boy with the black hair only shot daggers at them with his eyes.

but he didn't say anything.

jisung wanted to turn away, he told himself to just leave it and go back.

but the second one of the students threw a punch and aggressively threw the boy onto the floor- jisung couldn't watch.

instead of confronting the students head on, jisung just ran and rushed in.

he grabbed the boys hand without saying a word and completely booked it down the hall.

"hey! where do you think you're going?!" they shouted after them.

"who is that??" one of the students yelled as they chased them.

jisung looked around in panic, trying to think fast. for any ideas.

he was about to completely panic- until he saw the bathroom.

without any warning he quickly swerved into the bathroom with the boy and slammed the door locked.

there was a long moment of the two holding their breaths, trying not to speak and covering their mouths.

"where did they go?" they heard shouting just outside the door.

"check there!" there were footsteps- and then silence.

jisung sighed as he felt the adrenaline die down and he processed what he did.

"who are you?" jisung almost forgot about the boy with him.