New Editions (Twilight fanfiction)

"All you have to do is ask to join. It's that easy," I thought to myself. This was the perfect coven for me. I belonged here.

I took a deep breath and darted towards the cottage where three of the vampires stayed. I found it odd how they didn't live in the big white house like the others. I made it to the door in a split second. I smiled to myself. I love this super vampire speed thing.

I heard muffled shuffling sounds from inside the house. I hesitantly knocked on the door. The shuffling stopped. I stood there for a while wondering if this was a mistake. Maybe I should just turn around and leave. Maybe this wasn't the perfect coven for me. I hadn't noticed that the door had opened during my personal debate.

I stood there like an idiot with my mouth wide open. A woman had opened the door. She was amazingly beautiful. Her dark brown hair almost reached her waist. She was as pale as the moon and looked like she could have been a foreign supermodel. But it was her eyes that made me gape. They were the color of a topaz stone. They were almost as beautiful as she was. I've never seen a vampire with eyes like hers. She looked like a godess.

I felt self conscious. I was instantly jealous of her. I guess it's a girl thing to envy those prettier than you.

Everything I had planned to say had vanished from my mind. I had no idea what to say now. The woman looked very confused as if she didn't know what to say either. She raised one of her perfectly arched eyebrows at me.

"I... er.. how should I say this...? Well I want to... ask you something," I managed to stammer. "Um... ok," she replied cautiously. I tried to find the right words to say but I couldn't. This was the most awkward situation I have ever been in. People don't usually walk up to a stranger and ask to join their family. It is very taboo.

While I continued to find the right words, a man with chesnut hair had came to the door. He was beyond handsome. Words can't describe how amazing he looked. I noticed that his eyes were the same color as hers. Amazing. He put his arms protectively around the woman. I imediately assumed that they were dating until I saw the glorious ring on her finger. So this guy was hers. She's lucky. It's unfair how some people have all of the luck in the world...

The man cleared his throat uneasily. It was like he could tell that i was jealous of his wife. Like he had read my thoughts. "Can we... help you?" he asked in the most perfect voice I've ever heard. He talked like someone from a hundred years ago. His voice sounded smooth; it reminded me of one of those voices from the infomercials.

"Yes you can help me. I was wondering if i could.. come... join...," My voice was intriguing just like his. It sounded awe-inspiring. Like a choir of angels singing. Ok well maybe that was a bit overly dramatic but still. I haven't heard my voice since the transformation. It sounded so... different.

I wanted to say something just to hear my enchanting voice again, but I couldn't find the words. I finally managed to say "Can I stay? Please?"

The woman looked at me suspiciously. She started to say something but the man cut her off. "Follow me," He told me. He took his arms from around the woman and flitted into the woods. She stood there still staring at me. I stared back. I could tell that she didn't know if she should follow her husband or stay here and watch me, the kid who showed up on her door step and asked to be a part of her happy family. I hated the way she looked at me. Like I was some artifact in a museum. She was intrigued by me and my past.

I turned away from her and followed the man. I quickly caught up with him, but soon after I found him, she found us. We got to a river and they jumped over it. The way they jumped was so graceful; it was like watching a ballet. They almost continued running until they noticed that i was still hadn't jumped. I wanted to jump with grace like they did, but I decided to impress them even more. It might raise my chances to join their coven. They watched me intently and waited for me to jump. "She's about to show off," the guy whispered to his wife.

How did he know that? He took the thought right out of my head. I wondered was I being too obvious. Too desperate to be one of them. So desperate that i was about to do a mind-blowingly awesome flip just so they would like me. Just so they would accept me as a part of their family.

I backed up a few paces and then i ran towards the river. I jumped and did three flips while I was airborne. I landed perfectly on my feet. I was amazed that being a vampire meant that i could do stunts without breaking my neck. I could get used to this.

The guy chuckled and then continued his sprint. The woman and I followed him.

Within no time at all, we were at the big white house. Why are we here? "You'll see," the man answered. He and his wife continued the journey to the house, but I stopped dead in my tracks.

"How are you doing that? How did you know that i was about to show off back there? How did you just answer what I was thinking?" I asked. I felt like the answer was very conspicuous but I was just too stupid to figure it out.

"Mind reading. It's my talent," he replied. So the answer was obvious. It makes sense. How else could he figure out what I wanted and intended to do? But what had he meant by his talent? I hurried caught up with them. "Your talent?" I tried to not let my confusion show on my face.

He opened the door and walked in. His wife followed him. I slowly entered the house, afraid of what might be inside.

"You'll see," he said again.