Day 2

Day 2

Breakfast isn't much different from the other times the family have had food together, there isn't much small talk. Either that or it's just that Sophie doesn't really care about what the other people are talking about.

She is too busy just picking around at her plate. She loves breakfast foods don't get her wrong, it's just that her family made her get up really early to eat it. In all honesty she doesn't know why she needs to sit here with them and eat, they are just planning on staying by the pool and then walk up to the shopping centre up the street, when the sun starts to set.

"Aren't you going to eat more?" Charlotte asks her and looks at the small amount of food, it's mostly just fresh fruit and some coconut flakes.

"I don't really do well with eating the first thing in the morning, I think I might just take a walk by the beach and then eat something later." Sophie says standing up from where she is seated, not really ready to force the food inside of her yet.

"Of course, maybe tomorrow we could take a walk together and then go for breakfast." Charlotte smiles and tries to reach out to her step sister.

"Absolutely. I'll meet you guys by the pool later? Save me a sunbed." She says before she leaves the other them to finish their breakfast, she couldn't be happier about the fact that they didn't bother with trying to make her stay.

So without thinking much about it she makes her way down to the little gate by the end of the hotel that leads to the beach walk. She takes out her phone and puts in her headphones and start walking in the direction she knows will lead in to the small town.

The morning sun is warming her skin and she just enjoys the smell of the ocean while she walks by the cliffs looking at all the beautiful wonders that the ocean have created.

She stops when she sees a man down between the cliffs, he doesn't look like he is in trouble or anything like that.

He is cleaning up all the trash that the waves have pushed up on the cliffs during tide. Something about him captures her attention and she finds herself standing there with her hands on the stone wall between her and the cliffs, just watching him doing something so pure.

She takes out her headphones and put them down in her pocket, just standing there listening to the waves hit the rocks.

"He does that every morning." She lets out a small sound, not ready to hear the voice so close to her.

She turns around and look in to a pair of ocean blue eyes, they really mirror the ocean she just looked at. The boy steps forward and rest his arms beside her on the stone wall still looking at her, she recognise him.

"You work at the hotel." She states, realizing she said the words out loud when he flashes her a bright smile.

"That I do." He answers and takes his eyes off from her, looking at the man standing down between to big rocks picking up some plastic cups.

"I'm Alec." He introduce himself.

"Sophie."

They don't say much more, just stand there watching out over the ocean together.

"It was nice meeting you Sophie." Alec says and she can't help but notice that he have an American accent. He moves and she notice that he is on his way to leave, not sure what to say she just says that it was nice meeting him too.

She doesn't stay for much longer down by the ocean, instead she decide to make her way back to the hotel and see if the others are done with their breakfast.