1. Perkie

"Good morning" he says to me as I walk through the metal detectors with "Eye of the Tiger" blaring in the background. Oh boy, he has such good music. He looks at me and smiles as I give a half smile back. I want him to want to ask me what's wrong. I go to the cafeteria, and wait for school to start. I go to class as normal but then Maestra gets a call, I have to go to the office. To see him.

He opens his door, inviting me in. I sit down in front of him, waiting for him to start the conversation. He asks me "What's wrong, you never smile at me like you used to." As I stare at him, I look into those brown eyes that I used to love so much. I see that he wants me to answer so I do, "I just haven't been myself lately. School's very stressing right now. And Maestra keeps putting me in the hallway." He then responds with "I know, I've seen you multiple times out there without a pass." Wow. He noticed. And of all the people Maestra puts in the hallway, he noticed me. I smiled a little and he let me leave, I had to gather my things before the bell rang. So I waved goodbye and left.

It's lunch time and I haven't seen him since we last spoke. I was eating my yogurt like usual when he walks into the lunch room. He walked over to the military table like always and shook their hands, he was once in the military too. And then came to my table. He asked how our lunches were and my friends and I told him "Good, ever since the kitchen ladies started cooking real food instead of putting it in the microwave for 2 min and CALLING it food." He laughed that laugh that made me go crazy. He said he had to go to a meeting soon, and left without saying goodbye.

I got home that night but couldn't stop thinking of him. It's like I have some sort of crush on him. I looked over at the jacket that was laying on my chair. I remember last summer like it was yesterday. It was pouring and my mom forgot to pick me up from school, so I started walking when a car stopped beside me. A familiar voice said "Want a ride?" Without hesitation I got into the car, to escape the storm outside. It was who I thought it was. Perkie. Man i could just see the words "Hall pass" wanting to escape from his mouth. He gave me his jacket because I was wet from the rain. He dropped me off at home and told me to keep the jacket. So there it lays, on my chair. Waiting for someone to wear it again.