"What about?"

"I'd better let her explain it to you."

"Okay...." Avery hesitantly turned and entered the office.

I chuckled to myself. Avery and Louise would make a good couple, if they weren't already. I headed back to our sleeping quarters to find everyone and tell them what was going to happen. Tim and my mom were not too happy about staying back but I managed to convince them that we were going to be fine. They would be safer here as they didn't have any powers.

Lilian and I left with Avery and he teleported us outside of the wall. There was a group of people waiting for us. Our group totalled to twenty people. I didn't know all of their names but I knew that these were some of the people who had been using their power for a long time. They were very skilled in what they did.

"Okay, Max has requested that we kill off all of the mutated animals as a last act of kindness to the world. He only has a few days left and Louise thought it was a good idea."

Everyone looked like they thought it was a good idea and I was glad that they weren't objecting.

"Max is a Liberum and some people are looking for him because of that. Jameson, you make sure that we are masked completely. Sherry, you hide us from visibly being spotted. I'll take us to a area where there have been a lot of mutated animals spotted."

Avery was clearly the leader of our group. We all held hands and then disappeared from sight. Sherry must be the one who makes the town invisible. The surrounding area started to blur and fade and suddenly we were standing at the edge of a forest, miles away.

"This is a place that Sarah has sensed a lot of mutes hanging around. It seems that this is one of their breeding grounds," Avery spoke to me in my mind.

Avery was talking to me inside my head! He could talk to me in my head just like Lilian.

"Avery, how are you talking to me in my mind?" I spoke back to me him in his mind.

"No one's told you?" He asked, his voice sounding slightly different than before.

"Told me what?"

"Anyone with a power can talk to someone else who also has a power. It's sort of what binds all the people with powers together. Otherwise it would be hard to keep track of everyone since we are invisible."

I nodded and then realized that Avery couldn't see me nod.

"How come you don't talk to people more often?"

"Most of the time people have their mind walls up. It's sort of like a barrier to their thoughts. If people didn't do that then when you tried to talk to someone you would get a sea of people respond. I told everyone to keep their mind walls down so we could communicate."

"Oh, okay."

"Alright everyone, we are going to proceed into the forest and take out the mutes!" Avery's voice seemed to fell different in my head.

I figured he was addressing everyone at once instead of just talking to me. I used my sensing power and located the different people in the group. It was kind of cool knowing that I couldn't visibly see them yet being able to "see" them in my mind.

Everyone headed into the forest. I continued to Sense our group and as we went deeper into the forest I could tell that everyone was just waiting for something to happen. The trees grew thicker and thicker and it almost seemed as though dusk had settled on the land. 

Finally I sensed an animal up ahead. It seemed to be some sort of mutated deer. I saw the deer with my own eyes now. It looked almost the same as a normal deer but was slightly larger and had wild red eyes. It was a buck and it's antlers had six sharp points. The deer suddenly fell over.