Bucky took a slash across the cheek as she slashed and clawed at him. And another, and another, the claws tearing his shirt and exposing his skin. Blood flew everywhere.

Bucky seized her wrist, pulling her to him, before kicking her hard in her stomach. Yelena stumbled back as he let go, and he pinned her to the ground, hands firm on her wrists.

"Please. I don't want to kill you."

Her breath was loud and ragged, and she glanced over at Dreykov.

Surprisingly, Dreykov told both assassins to step back. He then clapped his hands together, and Steve snapped to attention, ramrod straight.

While Dreykov whispered to Yelena, Bucky met Steve's eyes. He had this faint doubt in his stomach that this cold, hard-faced man standing in front of him wasn't Captain America. Maybe he had mistaken this blue-eyed beauty as his friend. Steve wouldn't do such a thing.

But Bucky would recognize those ethereal eyes anywhere.

It was Steve.

"James Buchanan Barnes."

Bucky blinked several times and found the general looking at him. Even with the hood obscuring his face, Bucky could feel his eyes on him. James Buchanan Barnes. My full name. Ice trailed down his spine and he shuddered involuntarily.

"Care to tell where Ms Romanoff is?" Dreykov walked toward Bucky. Well, he seemed like he was floating. Bucky wasn't sure whether the overseer of this training program had feet.

Bucky shook his head. "I...I don't know."

A scream of rage.

Green eyes blazing.

Teeth flashing.

Hair the color of pale blood and fire.

"I...don't remember."

The general was so close that Bucky could smell his minty breath. "Liar," Dreykov spat, then with a twitch of his cloak, Steve threw himself on Bucky.

A shield painted black and red came smashing down onto Bucky's head. Bucky shielded his head with his bionic arm, and a loud clash echoed throughout the vast room as vibranium met metal. The vibration traveled deep within him, waking something up inside of him. His limbs roared with years of training, and the yearn of putting his combat skills to use once more. But it died down when he recalled back the skin under his fingers, and he reminded himself that he wouldn't murder anyone anymore. A promise. He will never ever be the Winter Soldier again. As long as Bucky Barnes was there, the Winter Soldier will not win.

Bucky saw that some paint had flaked off, the blue color underneath shining through. He flipped the shield out of Steve's hands and slammed it into his friend's face.

Bucky sprang to his feet as Steve clutched his nose. Blood dripped onto the floor.

Then, something happened.

Bucky saw it before he heard it.

The double doors started to glow a reddish-pink. The color became more vibrant by the moment, until the doors shuddered and were ripped off their hinges. They blew toward Steve and Yelena, and Bucky threw himself at them.

He shoved Steve and threw Yelena aside. The doors crashed onto the floor and immediately splintered.

Bits of wood and dust rained down on all of them as an uncomfortable and shocked silence ensued.

The silhouette of a woman stood in the doors' place, her fingers slightly curled at her sides. Swirls the same shade of red as the doors before they exploded danced around and in between her fingers. Two glowing orbs that turned to eyes when the dust settled down.

The woman had auburn hair that was curled at the ends. They spilled over her shoulders and bounced against her chest as she breathed heavily. She slowly extended her arms, and her fingers began to glow as the spirals multiplied.

Yelena Belova was lifted into the air, and the assassin started to scream as the magic surrounding her squeezed hard. The woman's fingers twitched up and down, her hands moving in a fluid way, and Yelena screeched as her guns melted against her, burning her body.

At the same time, Steve lunged for her, but Bucky blocked him. Steve easily threw him aside and reached for the intruder, but she dodged his punches and barely a second later, he too, was lifted into the air.

"If you dare," she growled in a heavy Eastern-European accent as Dreykov leaped toward her, "you know exactly what will happen."

Dreykov paused at the threatening tone in her voice.

"Wanda!"

Bucky looked at Steve as the familiar voice grew nearer and nearer.

"Wanda! Oh My God!"

Natasha Romanoff came to a halt beside the witch, and her eyes locked with Steve's.