I kept running trying to keep up with Luke the best I could. I had four bullets left in my gun and there were ten guards still gaining on us I was thinking of a way to shoot them all, but I knew it was impossible. I had one option left use the Trinket it was an invention of mine that I hadn’t quite worked out all the problems with the initial goal of it was to blow up. I was praying that it would work and I knew I was going to have to run really fast in order to get out of the range of the mini explosion. I yelled at Luke, “Run as fast as you can!” He picked up speed. I took the Trinket out of my pocket and threw it behind me. BAM! Oh God! I didn’t run quite as fast as I had hoped and was flown forward by the explosion and with my luck hit a tree. Dazed from hitting the tree I stumbled back onto my feet and looked behind me. YES! The Trinket had worked all of the guards were dead I have to say though it looked disgusting.

            I walked over to what remains were left of the guards and looked through to see if there was any usable equipment. Luke came up behind me and said, “Well, I’m really happy that worked I had my doubts.” I smiled at him and said, “Me too. Now help me find anything that we can use.” I found an almost fully loaded gun ready to be used. SCORE! Luke found a backpack with food, water, flashlights, and medical supplies that would last at least a few days split between the two of us. I turned to him and said, “Wow! That’s going to actually be really helpful.” He looked at me again and his expression immediately changed from happy to serious in less than two seconds a new record he said, “Frick! Your head is bleeding all over the place what the hell happened?!” Oh yeah I forgot about hitting that tree, “Oh yeah, I hit a tree!” I said.  He sighed and said; “I guess it’s a good thing we got supplies then. Go sit down over there so I can put a bandage on your head.” I did what he said and went next to the tree I hit and slumped down so I was sitting.

            Luke came over and put some Neosporin stuff where I was bleeding and then put a huge bandage on. “Let’s go we need to get some sleep. Look for a little cave thing or something.” We ended up finding a little shelter and Luke fell asleep immediately, but I lay there looking out at the black sky and the shadows of forest outside. I also started to think of Cathleen. Tears welled up in my eyes. What had I been thinking? I should’ve just gone and been killed and let Luke take care of her. She still would have been alive then. I couldn’t help it I started sobbing trying not to make any sounds so Luke wouldn’t wake up. What has my life come to? This is not how any person should have to live their life! Why me? I sobbed even harder thinking of my parents and then Cathleen again. They must be so disappointed in me.

            Luke woke up to see me crying my eyes out. “Alice, it’s going to be alright I swear it will get better.” Luke convinced me. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn’t life was too unfair to even deal with. Luke came next to me and hugged me to try to comfort me. At least I could have a friend like him to help me. I cried myself to sleep that night still embraced in Luke’s arms.

            I woke up in definitely not the same place I had fallen asleep. Luke wasn’t there either. I stood up so fast I felt light headed. I looked around my surroundings I was in a square room with nothing in it, no windows, no door that I could see, absolutely nothing. It looked as if it was made of stainless steel. NO NO NO!!!! I swear to God if the Facility got me I’m literally going to kill someone. I hear a noise from behind me, I turned abruptly and get ready to fight someone off. There was a girl standing in front of me with brown hair pulled back into a ponytail with blue jeans and a black tank top. She had a scar above her eyebrow and she looked to be about the age of eighteen (about my age). “Who the hell are you?” I ask her. Wow I sounded super sassy, perfect.

            “I am Clara. I know you’re probably wondering if I work for the Facility. The answer is no. I’ve actually been watching you and Luke since you escaped. I’m sorry about Cathleen-“  I cut her off there, “You have been watching me and yet you don’t help me save my sister! What kind of person do you think you letting a four-year-old die! She had a whole life ahead of her why do you get to decide when to interfere? If you hadn’t noticed Luke and I were doing fine without you!” “I know you are upset right now Alice, but you need to listen. My organization has been collecting people from all over just like you and Luke and we are training them to shut down the Facility. It’s time to stop their wickedness and have a new era begin and once again we will have a democracy where people decide what can happen.” I guess that sounds pretty good I’ll go along with it and see if she’s telling the truth.