Chapter 1: Family doesn't end with Blood

So I'm about 2 months into my 9th grade year and I'm sick of school already. This morning I was told this was my last day of school, I fought with my brothers all morning about it but it wasn't worth it. After all I knew everything I needed to know to survive in the world.
My name is Sierra Winchester I was born in Lawrence, Kansas and my mom and dad were both killed by the same demon. I know that's probably a shitty way to start a story but it's the truth. My mom was killed when I was a couple months, my brother Sam was 7 and Dean was 11.
I was sitting in last period which was math, literally my worst subject. I was actually happy it was my last day now that I realized how much I hated school. I was in that hell hold for 45 minutes but it felt like a week.
I didn't really have friends at that school I've only been there since the beginning of the school year so I didn't need to say bye to anyone, sadly. I took my time as I left, quietly under my breath saying goodbye to my favorite teachers. I got outside and Dean was leaning by the flagpole. I heard some talk about how hot he was as I walked past some girls who in my opinion were sluts, cause they flirted with every god damn boy. I started toward Dean but was interrupted by, "hey Sierra.", it was Jack.
There were rumors Jack liked me, and I liked him too. He had this perfect brown hair with these amazing hazel eyes, and he was the perfect height. But what was the point of leading him on when I knew I was leaving there soon anyway. "hey Jack," I said very startled. "I was wondering if we could hangout sometime, yah know just the two of us." he swallowed. "uh, you mean like a date?" I let out a laugh, quietly knowing Dean was watching.
"Yes exactly like that." as he was grabbing my waist. "um sure, but my brothers ah.." I said with my eyes pointing toward Dean. He started walking towards us and I could hear my heart pumping. "Im Dean," reaching out his hand.
"Ah...Jack" he said shacking my brothers hand in fear. " So you wanna take my sister on a date huh? Well you seem like a nice kid I approve, but if you hurt her you'll be wishing you were dead after I'm done with you." Dean said seriously. "yes sir." Jack gulped. Yes sir, was what Dean said constantly to my dad, he died not to long ago, as I mentioned. Dean brought me over to the side and I started swearing at him cause he got involved in that situation.
"Calm your ass down, Sierra go to the movies with him or something I want you to have what I had."
"Oh sure Dean you mean, sex, sex, sex and more sex." I said sarcastically. "No I mean having the ability to like someone and enjoy it, he obviously likes you so." he said.
"Okay, okay but then I'm just gonna have to say that I'm leaving adios." as a cross my arms. "Were staying in town a little longer and then we"ll hit the road, now get going, I'll pick you up later. " he said shoving me along.
"So...you wanna go to the movies?" Jack asked. "I'd love too." We started walking towards his car, he's 16, because he stayed back so he has a license. " Your brother seems, nice" he laughed.
"Yah, I got two of those." I laughed. "Really, that must suck your mom and you are the only girls." he said. I was silent for a second. Then I said, " my parents are dead," I said looking away. Jack stopped walking and said, " oh damn Sierra, I'm sorry I didn't know." and he pulled my tight into a hug. He was so warm and it was like Dean's hugs strong and protective, I felt safe, as he placed his chin on my head. We hugged for a solid minute, I felt some tears just thinking about the fact I grew up without a mom, but that's life.

"We pulled away from the hug, "thanks Jack" I said looking into his gorgeous eyes. "Your so beautiful Sierra," he said pushing my dark blonde hair behind my ear. I looked up and smiled and he started leaning towards me and then HONK! Dean drove past us and I caught him giving me a wink.
Since that moment was ruined we continued walking toward the car. I thought it was weird for him to attempt to kiss me since we haven't really hooked up before and I like things slow but apparently he doesn't I don't know.

"What kinda movies, do you like?" he asked. "Anything really, but I love scary movies." "Do you now", making a sly look towards me. "yes" I laughed.
"okay then scary it is" he said turning up the music. High way to hell was on and I started singing it. " You like classic stuff" he questioned. " Yeah, my brothers listen to that stuff 24/7 so I've learned to love it." I said.
" I like it too, a lot", Jack said smiling.
The rest of the ride we sat and sang to Kansas, ACDC, and Foreigner.

When we got to the theater we bought our tickets and went in to the theater. The first half-hour wasn't scary at all, Jack said he was surprised I hadn't flinched. Until this one part when this girl got dragged away under her bed, I'll admit I jumped. Jack said,"you okay?" I nodded and he put his arm around me. I smiled inside, I loved how sweet Jack was, he wasn't a douche like most guys my age he was different.
"I had a good time with you Sierra."
he said interlocking his hand with
mine. " Me too Jack."
He drove me to his house and I called Dean, he said he'd pick me up. I didn't want to be dropped of
at the motel, we'd been staying in. The only real home I've ever had is Dean's car the impala.
We pulled up to Jack's house, it was gorgeous. We walked inside and he introduced me to his mom and his little sister Joanna. "Wow she's pretty Jack." said Joanna.
"Thank you," I said your very pretty too." I replied with a smile. We went up to his bedroom, but don't worry we didn't "do" anything. He left me in his room, he said he had to go ask his mom something.
So I examined his room. I noticed something shining from under his bed so I knelled down and it was a knife and then, I found a journal. I opened it and scanned the pages.

He's a hunter.

I said quietly to myself. He had page after page of demons, ghosts, ghouls, shifters, vampires, and even a dragon. I was shocked, the first other hunter my age I've ever met. I sat in shock for a little before I brought myself back into reality.
I heard Jack coming up the stairs so I shoved the knife and journal back under his bed as fast as I could and pretend to be looking at one of his frames with a picture of his baseball team.
A little after that Dean showed up, and I said goodbye to Jack he gave me a hug and kissed by head, but we don't actually kiss. I said goodbye to Joanna and thanks to his mom and walked down the front steps and hoped into the impala.
I was still determining whether or not I should tell Dean, I decided to wait. " So, how was the movie?" Dean questioned. I had to sit in the back cause Sam took shotgun.
"Hey kiddo" Sam said before I could answer. "hi Sammy" I said smiling. "answer me!" Dean almost yelled.
I shrugged, "it was good."
"Good that's it just good, not we kissed or it was great, nothing?" Dean said.
"Calm your dick Dean, it wasn't even a date." I said.
"What happened", Sam said much calmer than Dean. Sam was always more calm than Dean, but only when he wants to be. "It just I really like Jack, and soon I'm gonna have to say goodbye. I feel like I use that word a lot I say bye to a lot of things." I started out the window. "I'm sorry Sierra, I didn't mean to raise my voice, I'm just happy for you," Dean said, looking at me through the rear view mirror. I looked at him," I appreciate it Dean but it makes it harder on me." "What's really bothering you," Sam looked at me.
Sam always knows when I'm lying or telling the truth, he's pretty good at reading me better than Dean, who shoots first and asks questions later. We walked into the motel, I still hadn't answered, I lied on the bed, looked up to the ceiling and sighed.

" He's a hunter."