Chapter 33 - The wild ride under Aphrodite's spell Pt. 1

Zacznij od początku

Soon, my world was in complete darkness, only the crashing of the close-by waves, the silent blowing of the wind in the last leaves of autumn so as the scrunching from Levi's boots on the sandy path as he walked around me was evidence that I wasn't sleeping. He took my hands in his to guide me.

"Come. We're almost there. Let me lead you and hold on to me." A little hesitant, I nodded and whispered a low 'Okay' before Levi came to my side again, holding one of my hands as he directed me along the way. Soon, the sand beneath our feet was replaced by soft grass, and when Levi stopped walking, I stopped as well and while he kept holding my hand, he stepped behind me. I felt one of his hands moving to the scarf around my eyes and his other one wandered down to my hips, lingering there as his thumb drew circles on my bone above the jeans.

"We're here. You're ready, baby?"

"Yes. I'm ready." How could I not? I was curious and excited to see where he'd taken me, and as he hummed in his deep voice, he untied the scarf. I left my eyes closed for a short moment, but when I opened them slowly, my breath was taken away instantly.

"Oh, wow. Levi! Where are we? This looks amazing!" I raved dreamily, both hands before my mouth in my deep amazement about the place he'd taken me.

I took a few steps forward, walking closer to the edge of a small cliff we were standing on. I looked down, and there I could see the waves washing against the steep wall of the cliff. It wasn't that high, though. If I had to guess, maybe three meters, but no less breathtaking. I looked around more, letting my eyes wander into the distance to the horizon, where the deep blue of the horizon melted together with the black of the ocean, both painted all over with dots of white as the stars from above reflected in the deep, devouring water beneath.

The only source of light was the half-moon, standing high to the right as I turned around more.

"Come here, baby. Let's sit down and enjoy the amazing view." I heard Levi saying. Swirling my head around to face him, he was already sitting on the grass, one leg angled and the other one with his knee in the air, resting his arm on it. He offered me his hand, inviting me to sit with him, and I couldn't keep the smile inside as I reached for this temptation.

He gently pulled me down to his level, where he wanted me to sit between his legs so I could lean with my back against his knee.

Curled up in his lap, leaning half against his chest and resting my head on his shoulder, I let my eyes wander along with the nice scenery. Even if the sea and sky were painted in deep darkness, the contrast of the shining stars on the slight waving water and the sky was magical. Here, the lights of the city didn't reach mother nature, and here, she shows off with her perfection. Even the swirly pictures of the milky way were visible. I couldn't think of a single night in my whole life where I had seen such a beautiful sky.

I sighed dreamily, cuddling tighter against my lover's shoulder as his arms moved around my frame to keep me close. For a while, we said nothing, just the little breeze in the trees and the waves on the cliff told us their stories until I somehow had a weird feeling. As if someone was watching me.

I turned my head around, and there I saw the reason for the feeling. With eyes as soft as a feather's touch, Levi kept his gaze all on me, the dim moonlight reflecting in his stormy irises.

"Is something wrong, Lee? Do I have something on my face?" This intense stare from him was unusual, and the warm smile that spread across his face made me believe even more that I had dirt in my face.

"Not at all, darling. I said let's enjoy the amazing view. That's what I'm doing."

"Ohhh...you're so sweet." That little sweet-talker. He knows all to well how to turn me into wax in his hands. I kissed