"Does it matter?" He shrugged and picked up the powdered moonstone.

"Yes it does matter put it down!" You exclaimed grabbing the bottle off him. As soon as you took it off him, he picked something else up and you felt like you was going to explode. Just as you thought you was going to explode Seamus and Malfoy's potion actually exploded.

"I can't take this!" Malfoy shouted. "Professor I refuse to work with someone as incompetent as that." He said to Snape signalling to Seamus who was looking into the cauldron.

"Unlucky Malfoy, either work with Mr Finnegan or go unmarked and fail this class. Everybody else is paired up so you will have to deal with it." Snape said with a smug look. You chuckled to yourself but then your attention was brought back to your cauldron when you saw Crabbe about to pour something into it.

"What are you doing?" You exclaimed covering the cauldron with your hands. "Put whatever is in that bottle down and just for your own sake sit still and don't touch anything."

"So you'll just do it all?" He asked.

"Yes because you are messing it all up." You said.

"Fine by me." He shrugged and folded his arms whilst yawning.

Just as you was about to carry on Malfoy came over to the two of you. "Get up Crabbe." Malfoy said.

"No I told him to sit there so he doesn't mess this up." You replied.

"Yes, well I told Malfoy to get Crabbe." Snape said coming over. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and looked between them both. "Crabbe you're to be partnered with Finnegan."

"What?" You asked. "Who am I working with?"

"Guess." Malfoy smirked. You rolled your eyes and sighed. Snape went away with Crabbe and started to Lecture them whilst Malfoy leaned on the table looking at the cauldron.

"Why?" You asked while you added to the potion.

"Why? Because Seamus Finnegan is unbelievably stupid." Malfoy scoffed.

"I thought Snape wouldn't allow anybody to even swap partners." You replied.

"Well you could say I'm one of his favourite students." He said. "I thought you'd be jumping with joy not having to work with Crabbe."

"Yes because I always jump with joy." You replied sarcastically. The two of you looked at each other without saying anything for a few seconds. "I'm glad I'm not working with him but I still don't want to work with you." You said.

"I think we both know that's a lie." He smirked.

"No, you wish it was a lie." You replied and stirred the potion.

"What's that?" Malfoy asked looking at the cauldron.

"What's what?" You replied. He pointed to your wrist and you realised your bracelet from Cedric was showing.

"It's from Cedric." You said and traced over it before putting your sleeve back over it.

"When did he give you it?" He asked.

"Yesterday." You replied sarcastically. "He actually gave it as an apology gift." You said. You sort of zoned out briefly thinking about Cedric and how you missed him but you snapped out of your trance. "Anyway you need to help with this."

"You don't want me to sit and do nothing like Crabbe?"

"No because I know you actually have a few brain cells that work." You replied.

"More than a few pumpkin." He smirked.

"Shut up and get to work ferret boy." You said.

The two of you surprisingly finished brewing the potion quicker than you expected and you still had about twenty minutes of the lesson left. You sat down and watched the steam rising from the cauldron.