nineteen, narrative !

Start from the beginning

it was silent for a minute before mimose broke out into a smile. "i hate you," she walked closer, throwing her arms around his neck. she could hear him let out a sigh of relief. "i never knew you could be this emotional,"

"i thought you were gonna' be fucking mad at me, what do you expect?" he rested his forehead on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her lower back.

"i am," she pointed out, "but i forgive too easy so i won't be mad forever,"

"thank fucking jesus," he kissed her collarbone. "you look amazing by the way,"

"i know," she raked her hair back behind her ear with her fingers, "and i didn't pay fifty dollars for this dress to look stupid in so let's go have fun," she went to drag him out and back into the public, but he stopped her, aggressively turning her neck.

"why did you cover it?" he tried to run his thumb over the area, but mimose moved away.

"i'm not about to have people in my business," she said. "and don't rub the makeup off unless you like that type of attention," she scolded, knowing he would probably get annoyed at people asking him if he gave the hickey to her.

"no compalints from me," he licked his thumb and tried to wipe it again, but mimose hit him up against his arm.

"aht!" it was an act of impulse.

"i'm not a dog," he raised his voice a little, scrunching his face up in confusion. "don't do me like that,"

"damn! you're more of a bitch than i am," mimose grabbed his hand and started to go back into the noisy room.

"but you like this bitch," he pulled her back so her butt pressed upagainst his front. "you sure you don't want to just go back to your room and hang out,"

"nope," she popped the p, finally making back into the venue. thank god it was dark or else she felt like all of the attention would be on them. "i want food and then we can dance for a little bit,"

"i don't dance,"

"didn't ask,"

"we hope everyone is having a good time tonight!" a staff member in charge of tonight's event spoke into the microphone

"we hope everyone is having a good time tonight!" a staff member in charge of tonight's event spoke into the microphone. "at this point we ask all of our prom king and queen nominees to step up onto the platform so we can announce our chicago winners!" the fake enthusiasm was overboard, yet all of the supporters cheered them on.

"come," mattia grabbed mimose by the hand, pulling her with them so they could go stand on stage.

"boy?! what the fuck?" mimose was confused, mostly nervous. he had hella people in this crowd who want him and she felt like they could easily attack her and go crazy because he was holding her hand.

as soon as they got on stage, the screaming didn't stop and it was more for the other creators.

after a few minutes of getting the people rowdy, it was time to announce prom king.

"and the winner is.." they rolled the fake ass drum roll, building up a little suspence. it was obvoius that mattia was going to win only because he was going to have the tiktok hype for a long time. "-mattia polibio!"

his smile was big, all of his boys dapping him up and he walked down the small runway to accept his sash and crown. mimose thought it was the cutest thing ever considering he could actually be all sht and dainty when he was put on the spot and not hiding behind a social facade.

"and now for our twenty-twenty social bash queen.." the lady opened up the little scroll, the name not a surprise at all to be honest, "-cynthia parker!"

still, mimose clapped excitedly for the pair. it might of broke her heart when cynthia attached herself to mattia so effortlessly, the smile on her face bright and happy as fuck. but when she noticed the look on mattia's face, should couldn't help but laugh, remembering that he made it clear there was no competition between them.