Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ Sɪx:

Start from the beginning

"We're all in this together, when we reach we can fly, know inside, we can make it!"

"You know what to say!" Nini said to Miss Jen, handing her a red tray with a fake apple on it.

Miss Jen smiled and then turned to face the audience. "Is that the last apple?"

"Sammy, you deserve an applause too!" Nini smiled. I smiled back at her and stepped forward to bow. I heard Paige and my family cheer even louder for me and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I stepped back and stood beside Ricky.

"This is kinda the best." Ricky said.

"Oh honey, wait til you see what I picked for the spring musical!" Miss Jen replied.

"We're all in this together, once we see, there's a chance that we have, and we take it!"

Ricky then grabbed onto my hand, smiled at me and Nini held my other one, and we walked forward singing the final part of the song.

"Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air."

A chain of bows came next as we sang, "That's the way we do it, let's get to it, come on everyone!"

The music finished and the audience gave us a standing ovation; my ears rang with the sounds of their thundering cheers and applauds, and I grinned at my family and best friend - who was jumping up and down, waving excitedly and squealing.

Suddenly the confetti canons burst, and out came flyers for Mr Mazzara's robotics club.

I guess I didn't have to hand them out after all.

We all cheered and jumped up and down excitedly, hugging one another and then the audience started chanting "Wildcats!", so naturally the rest of us joined in.

My heart burst with happiness, and my face hurt from smiling but it's so worth it.

✰✰✰

After the show, I went to the dressing room to pack up my stuff. Nini arrived a few minutes later and it wasn't as awkward as I expected it to be.

"You were amazing out there." I said.

She smiled. "So were you."

"I still can't believe I did that." I chuckled. "Why did you give up your solo anyway?"

"I see the way you look at Ricky, and I see the way he looks at you. I didn't think it was right for me to be up there singing with him."

I looked down at my hands. "You really didn't have to do that."

"I know." She said. "But I wanted to." I looked up and gave her a small smile.

"Did that scout lady talk to you yet?" I asked after a moment.

"No, she left before the end of the show."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Nini shrugged. "It's fine. It just wasn't meant to be."

It was silent for a few moments, before I spoke up again. "Can we start over, and be friends?"

Nini smiled, and pulled me in for a hug. "Of course." She said. "I was never not your friend, we just got caught up in all the drama."

I chuckled. "True."

Just then, Ricky appeared at the door and raised an eyebrow at us girls.

"We're not fighting, promise." I said.