Chapter 1: Winter to Spring to Winter

Crown Prince Theron, heir to the throne of Narnia paced outside his chamber doors just as he had been for the last hour, listening to his wife labor in pain trying to bring their child into the world.

He let out a nervous sigh and sat down for a moment, only to jump back up at the sound of a pain filled cry and began anxiously pacing once more. The waiting seemed like it went on forever; thankfully, Theron was not kept in suspense for much longer. Finally the door to their chambers was opened and a kind looking faun stepped out.

She smiled at the tense father, "Congratulations, my prince. You're wife has delivered to you a beautiful baby girl."

Theron let out a relieved sigh as the fawn led him into the room and he caught sight of his lovely wife and child. The beautiful Princess Reyna looked entirely exhausted, but completely happy all the same as she stared down at the little baby in her arms.

She lifted her head and smiled at her husband, "Come my love, come and meet your daughter."

He made his way across the room and sat on the edge of the bed, gazing down at the tiny bundle in her arms, "She's gorgeous." He whispered in awe at the sight before him.

And she was, the child was without a doubt the loveliest baby any in the birthing room had ever seen. She was so small, with rosy cheeks and light dusting of golden blonde hair sat atop her head, her eyes were a cloudy blue, though both parents knew that could possibly change.

"What shall we name her? "Reyna questioned, finally tearing her eyes away from her daughter to look up at her husband as she passed the baby over to her father's waiting arms

Theron contemplated the question for a moment, wanting to make sure his daughter had the perfect name that suited her best, and then he smiled, "How about Aurelia?" He suggested, "It means golden."
(Ore-El-Iah)

Reyna smiled softly, "Aurelia." She whispered testing the name out, "I love it. Our little golden princess."

~*~

"Where are you?" Princess Reyna called as she searched playfully for her daughter, "Come out! Come out! I'm coming to get you!"

It was a beautiful, sunny day in Narnia and the Royal family was having a picnic to commemorate the ending of a glorious winter and the beginning of what they hoped to be a lovely spring, as well as to celebrate the young princess' third birthday.

Under their picnic table came a tiny giggle and Reyna smirked, "Where are you, my troublesome little one? I'm coming to get you!"

She bent down quickly to look under the table, but her child was no longer there, having hid behind her father's massive shield leaning against their tent pole.

"Where is my little Birthday girl, hm?" Reyna called out, looking around curiously, "I'm going to find you; you cannot hide from mummy."

Princess Aurelia tried to be quiet as she snuck up behind her mother, but the little three year old could hardly suppress her giggles and her mother heard her as she approached.